Zularic Repetitor is a rhythmic gate generator based on African music theory. A core pattern forms the basis and variation is achieved by offsetting this pattern in time relative to the base.
This module contains 30 mother rhythms from African, Indian, Latin, Funk and Rock roots. Each pattern outputs four parts and allows the offset of three parts relative to the mother. The offset is CV and knob controllable. It requires only a beat clock to run.
Also included are two special modes. One turns Zularic Repetitor into a 3 section CV/knob controllable divider. The other generates random gates where the probability is determined by the knob/CV.
The Zularic Repetitor was conceived of when I was reading “Rhythm andTransforms” by William Sethares. This book provided the initial rhythms for the very first prototype of Zularic Repetitor. It was developed on a Texas Instruments MSP430 microcontroller. The first prototype was compelling from the start though it took more than a year of use, feedback and polish to produce what was finally released.
- The MOTHER knob selects the pattern set that is output. The MOTHER knobacts as a scalar for the MOTHER CV. The current patch is displayed on the LEDsnear the center top. A key to the patterns is included later in the manual.
- The CHILD knobs control the offset in beats of each part versus the motherrhythm. The knob acts as a scalar for the input CV.
- The WORLD switch selects which bank of patterns to use. They are grouped byworld. Old world contains Indian, African and African relatives such as Vodou.New world contains Funk, Rock and other more modern rhythms. The status ofthe WORLD switch is indicated by the orange LED.
- The BEAT input is a clock input that advances the time on the rising edgeand returns any active gates to zero on the falling edge.
- The MEASURE input resets the beat to the start of the measure on a rising edge.
- The RST button will pause the advancement of time while depressed and whenreleased reset the time back to the start of the measure.
- MOTHER outputs a 6v low impedance gate suitable for controlling most any gatedriven device.
- CHILD outputs a 6v low impedance gate suitable for controlling most any gatedriven device.
Questions on Zularic Repetitor Dynamic Rhythmic Generator - 8HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 8 HP
- Depth: .8 inches
- Standard Eurorack Power
- +12V @ 50mA; -12V @ 5mA