Warm Audio WA-2A
Nothing can be compared to the smooth and warm sound of your audio running through 2 Tung-Sol and 2 Electro Harmonix tubes, with premium CineMag USA Transformers on both the input and the output. The Warm Audio WA-2A has a sound to rival the classic '2A style compressors, at a price point that is unbeatable.
Having the ability to process audio through an analog signal path has become a much-desired sound in this day and age of mostly digital processing. The WA-2A allows for project studios and studios alike to have that ability, with an affordable price tag. The WA-2A stock tubes are socketed, meaning that you are able to switch out the tubes and change them at will to get your own sound through the compressor.
The WA-2A has the simple and classic controls, with Peak Reduction, Output Gain, Meter Mode, and Limit / Compress modes. This means that you can easily tweak the settings until it sounds right to your ear, not your eye. The '2A style circuitry has become a standard for handling bass, vocals, and a massive variety of other instruments and audio in an effortless way.
- Transformer Balanced, High Voltage, Optotube Compressor
- Socketed tubes to allow for retrofitting with other opto cells.
- Variable pre-emphasis allows for compression hipass filtering
- Stereo link capability
- Premium input / output CineMag USA Transformers
- USA made Kenetek opto attenuator
- Tung-Sol and Electro Harmonix tubes - x2 12ax7, x1 12bh7, 1x 6aq5
- Fully discrete signal path
Questions on WA-2A Tube Opto Compressor/Limiter
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight - 12 lbs