Warm Audio WA-87 FET Microphone
The Warm Audio WA-87 is a microphone based on the classic '87 large diaphragm condenser mic. With WA-87 stays true to the classic circuitry of the microphone instead of being based on the modern versions. The need for the warm tone of the classic '87 microphone at an affordable price point, without compromising the quality of the microphone, has been fulfilled by the WA-87.
The WA-87 uses premium components, like Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, WIMA film capacitors, and a Cinemag USA output transformer. It also boasts its own Lens Kondensator custom reproduction of the K-87 dual backplate / dual diaphragm capsule commonly found in early '87 microphones, to help ensure the same feel and sound.
Microphones are one of the things that you just cannot compromise on in your studio, as you rely on microphones to pick up the highest quality reproductions of what you're recording. The WA-87 doesn't compromise any sound quality, in fact it truly fills the gap of the warm, smooth, silky sounding microphones missing at this price point.
- Circuitry follows the early designs of the classic '87 microphone
- All discrete & premium components - Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, WIMA film capacitors, and a Cinemag USA output transformer
- Lens Kondensator Custom reproduction of the K-87 dual backplate / dual diaphragm capsule
- Top shelf quality and components at an affordable price points
Questions on WA-87 FET Condenser Microphone
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box.
- Microphone type: condenser
- Polar patterns: cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional
- Capsule: LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule
- Diaphragm: 6 micron thickness, 1 inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz
- SPL: .5% THD at 120db (without pad) or 130 db (with pad)
- Pad: -10db
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), Cinemag USA mic output transformer
- High Pass Filter: 80hz
- Noise: 15db self noise, 80db s/n ratio
- Color: nickel (painted)