See exactly what your signals are doing! VM is a super-skinny (2HP) volt meter utility module for your Eurorack modular synthesizer. It offers a bar-graph display that gives you a quick, easy to read indication of what your signal's voltage is and where it's going, even from across the room. It can indicate voltages between -12.9V and +12.9V, with one LED per volt (and per 0.1 volt). The meter lights red to indicate a positive voltage and blue to indicate negative.
Even though this module has lots of LEDs (24!), don't worry about it making your power supply cry. Through the magic of persistance-of-vision, only one LED is ever on at any given time, no matter what display mode you are in.
VM has a buffered thru jack, so you can monitor any signal without having to worry about how to split it. The meter itself is also fully buffered, so the act of observing a signal won't alter it (take that, Heisenberg!)
As an added bonus, the meter is capable of reading the voltages coming from your power supply busses. When nothing is plugged into the input jack, you can use the button to cycle between them.
- Dot Mode: One LED lights at a time, indicating voltage to the nearest volt.
- Precision Dot Mode: Up to two LEDs light at a time. The solid one indicates volts, and the dim/flashing one indicates tenths of a volt.
- Bar Mode: All LEDs up to and including the indicated voltage light up.
- Precision Bar Mode: Like bar mode, but one of the LEDs flashes to indicate tenths of a volt.
- Voltage Indicators between -12v and +12v
- Red lights for positive voltage
- Blue lights for negative voltage
Questions on VM Utility Volt Meter - 2HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power supply: +/- 12 VDC (reverse-polarity protected!)
- Maximum input voltage before freakout: approx. +16.3V
- Minimum input voltage before freakout: approx. -16.3V
- Width: 2HP
- Depth: 1.26in / 32mm