Note: This is a bundle including the PSU-2 and VDC compressor unit.
The Vintagedesign VDC is a transformer balanced Class A design using a diode bridge as the gain element and is based on the vintage British 2254 / 2264 and the C1/CL1mk2.
Each channel uses 3 custom made Carnhill transformers for an authentic, punchy low-end and that very “sought after” mid tone.
All controls are stepped - a must for recall in mix and mastering environments.
The VDC has a blend control for parallel compression and also two types of HF boosts.
The HF switch boosts the high frequencies 2dB and affects both the output signal and the signal that feeds the side-chain.
The AIR switch only boosts the high frequencies 2dB on the compressed signal.
As with most stereo devices, the VDC has one set of controls for both channels.
It uses two threshold detectors and the detectors are summed before the timing circuits for maximum performance; both channels hit the detectors even if they are 180deg out of phase.
Designed and built in Sweden the Vintagedesign VDC stereo bus compressor is a classic in the making. Classic sounds and controls, classic looks and a solid professional ergonomic design for the professional audio specialist.
NOTE: The VDC requires the new PSU-2! It will not work with the old PSUD!
- Stepped Controls
- Class A design
- Diode Bridge gain element
- Based on the vintage British 2254 / 2264 and our own C1/CL1mk2
- Threshold Control
- Ratio Control
- Attack Control
- Recorvery Control
- HPF Control
- Make-Up Gain Control
- Blend Control
- HF / AIR / IN Buttons
- VU Meter
Questions on VDC Stereo Bus Compressor & PSU-2 Bundle
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- VDC requires the new PSU-2! Please note that it will not work with the old PSUD!
- Threshold: From -20dB to +15dB in 41 steps.
- Ratio: 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 3:1 / 4:1 / 6:1 / 8:1
- Attack: 0,5mS / 1mS / 2mS / 3mS / 6mS / 12mS / 25ms / 50mS.
- Recovery time: 25mS / 50mS / 100mS / 400mS / 800mS / 1.5S / Auto1 / Auto2
- A1 = 100mS / 2 Sec, A2 = 50mS / 5 Sec.
- High-pass filter: Off / 75Hz / 100Hz / 125Hz / 150Hz / 250Hz, all with 6dB/ octave slope.
- Make-up gain: 0-20dB in 41 steps.
- HF switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 1dB at 20kHz, this also affects the threshold detector.
- AIR switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 3dB at 20kHz and does not affect the threshold detector.
- IN switch: True by-pass switch.
- Blend control: From dry to compressed signal i 21 steps.