All Software Sales Are Final: There will be NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES accepted. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the correct products are ordered.
Note: This product is a digital download. You will receive your authorization serial number by email.
The 8 GB collection Special Keyboards offers a state of the art approach to capturing exceptional, unfamiliar but also classical sounds that shouldn't be missing on any sound designer's or composer's workstation.
The harpsichord has a famously bright sound, rich in overtones. Typically a Baroque instrument, the harpsichord has played a minimal role in classical and romantic music. In modern literature, however, it has been rediscovered by a broad range of musicians, and is also used poignantly and effectively in film and TV music. In our own Silent Stage, the following single notes and repetition performances of a two-manual harpsichord were recorded: 8' register solo, 8' double, and tutti.
The harmonium is a free reed instrument, meaning that air streaming past reeds of different lengths causes them to vibrate. Unlike organ pipes, the harmonium's reeds produce more disharmonic overtones, creating a unique undulating sound.
The prepared piano is a technique that became known to a wider public around 1940 and is primarily associated with the innovative composer, John Cage, who inserted objects such as erasers, nails, wire, and paper between a piano's strings causing them to produce additional tones, harmonics, or percussive sounds that are sometimes reminiscent of Indonesian Gamelan music. Our team also 'treated' the Bösendorfer grand piano with their bare hands and with wood mallets in order to get a multitude of creative sounds and colors.
- Extended articulation list for the ultimate dynamics
- 4,380 samples
Questions on Special Keyboards
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 running the latest update, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM
- ViennaKey / SteinbergKey / ArturiaKey
- 5.5 GB Free Hard Drive Space
Recommended System Settings
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit, Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or 7,200 RPM or faster separate hard drive
- Host DAW that supports AU / VST / AAX Native / RTAS formats
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX Native version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard