All Software Sales Are Final: There will be NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES accepted. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the correct products are ordered.
Note: This product is a digital download. You will receive your authorization serial number by email.
Compared with its close relative, the flute, the instrument range of the wooden recorder is more limited in terms of pitch and dynamics. This is one of the reasons why the recorder was replaced by the flute in orchestras around the 18th century. However, recorders were very popular during medieval times and into the renaissance, and even in the baroque era famous composers such as Telemann, Bach, Handel, and Vivaldi wrote pieces for these instruments.
Due to the absence of upper harmonics and a predominance of odd harmonics, the sound of recorders is soft and mellow. The instrument is often unfairly marginalized as a toy for children or amateur players, with its main application being classrooms and less formal occasions. However, contemporary composers of all genres have written demanding pieces for the recorder, expanding its timbral range in a virtuosic way. What's more, recorders are used as solo instruments in modern film music, adding a particular exotic timbre with references to ancient or far eastern worlds in orchestra scores. All four recorders of this Vienna Instruments Collection were played by Austrian flute and recorder player virtuoso Leopold Eibl, a sought after soloist and chamber musician.
- Extended articulation list for the ultimate dynamics
- 5,376 samples
Questions on Vienna Recorders
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 running the latest update, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM
- ViennaKey / SteinbergKey / ArturiaKey
- 2.2 GB Free Hard Drive Space
Recommended System Settings
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 64-bit, Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, Intel i5 / i7 / Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or 7,200 RPM or faster separate hard drive
- Host DAW that supports AU / VST / AAX Native / RTAS formats
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX Native version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard