The Random Sampling module is a continuation of Verbos' west coast style synthesis modules. With two "Fluctuating Random" outputs, a new level of uncertainty can be patched into ones stale and predictable patches. A CV input controls the general speed at which the randoms fluctuate. Unrelated, but attached, is a random Gate output, that follows the general trend of the fluctuating voltages, but has no real correlation. There is also a quantized random voltage section, for generating pitches on VCOs, or modulating with "stepped" waveforms. Also contained is a classic Analog Shift Register, which provides four phases of a chained sample and hold. This effect is great for making "Canon" type progressions, or "arabesque" harmonic patterns. When not chained together, they can function and four independent Sample and Hold modulation sources. Sampling White, Pink, and "Metallic" noise provides random sample and holds, although this is not the only sample option. If your patches are feeling dull, this will definitely add some spice.
- Two Channels of variously shifting Random Control Voltage
- Random Gate output for each channel
- CV input for general randomness speed control
- Quantized random voltages for stepped waveforms
- Quad Analog Shift Register
- Four independent Sample and Holds
- Noise Source with White, Pink and "Metallic" noise
Questions on Random Sampling - 18HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 18HP
- Depth: Under 1"
- Current Draw: 120mA@+12V, 80mA@-12V