Signature sound that is perfect for eradicating sterility from the cold, hard digital world.
The Summit Audio TPA-200B Dual Tube Preamplifier combines the best of two worlds: vacuum tubes and high quality solid state. This unique combination creates an environment that yields the warmth associated with tubes without the inherent high frequency loss while providing the reliability of solid state components. The TPA-200B is designed to work in a variety of applications using three input types: microphone input, line level input, and front panel Hi-Z input.
Tracking and mixing: The Summit Audio TPA-200B is an incredibly easy to use dual channel preamplifier marrying a classic tube and transformer front end design with a more modern solid state output stage, resulting in ultra clean gain that really lets the warmth and rich harmonic detail of the tube come through.
Huge range of tone: The TPA-200B allows you to set gain clean and pristine or layer tube input saturation all the way to thick harmonic distortion with all sorts of variations in between. This is the swiss army knife of mic pres!
It's so easy: Each of the two channels has its own set of knobs that control input gain and output gain. For cleaner applications, set the input gain lower and the output gain at maximum. For more harmonics and tube distortion, simply increase the input gain while decreasing the output gain to balance the overall signal level. The Jensen input transformers have an open and airy top end that easily handles everything from the most delicate, nuanced program material to incredibly dense and dynamic signals, making the TPA-200B the perfect choice for adding analog warmth to the often sterile world of digital audio.
Hand-crafted in the USA: Each piece of Summit gear is meticulously crafted by hand in our shop using only the best quality components and attention to detail. Quality components and engineering know-how are the critical element to the sound and longevity of audio gear.
- Mic. Line & Hi-Z inputs
- Uniquely controllable from "Clean" to "Overdrive"
- Front panel Hi-Z input
- Pad Switch & Phase Switch
- 48 volt phantom power
- Jensen input transformers
- Overload and Overdrive indicators
- 3 year warranty
- Hand crafted in the U.S.A.
Questions on TPA-200B Dual Tube Mic/Line Pre
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Input Impedance: Mic: 1.5k Ohms; Hi-Z: 47k Ohms
- Output impedance (XLR): 120 Ohms
- Max input level: Mic: -16dBu; Line: 22dBu; Hi-Z: 15dBu
- Max output level (XLR): 25dBu
- Max gain: 75dB
- Equivalent input noise: -135dB average 10Hz-20kHz
- Frequency response: 10Hz-50kHz -1dB
- Signal to noise ratio: 115dB average 10Hz-20kHz
- THD+ Noise: 0.055% -32dB in +4dB out, 1kHz
- Vacuum tubes: three 12AX7A
- Dimensions (H x D x H): 19" x 10" x 3.5"
- Weight: 17 lb