The Tiptop Audio ‘MIXZ’ is a low-cost, analog multi-channel mixing module for mixing audio, CV, and gate signals with excellent linear response and low noise. Balancing a clear visual layout and multiple mixers in a small footprint makes the MIXZ easy to use in a variety of configurations within the modular synth. Its high quality analog mixing circuitry makes for a great sounding mixer with plenty of headroom, providing a smooth organic merge of dynamics, and excellent separation of mixing sections and channels.
MIXZ has three sections. Mixer A is a low-noise, 4-channel mixer with independent gain control for each channel. Mixer B is a low-noise, 4-channel mixer with master gain control. Bus Mix is a multi-channel mixer that mixes signals from modules utilizing the Tiptop Audio Bus Mix.
Mixer A and B can be configured as either two independent 4-channel mixers or as a single 8-channel mixer. If the output of Mixer A is not in use, then Mixer A will be routed internally to Mixer B forming the 8-channel mixer.
Tiptop Audio Bus Mix is a new method they have developed to mix audio signals through the Eurorack power bus board without patch cables, a little bit of magic, eh? Although this technique is not ideal for a low-noise mix, Tiptop Audio have found it to be useful for some applications including mixing Tiptop Drum modules, which all have a Bus Mix enabled output. The result is that the Drum modules are always available and mixed on the master out of the MIXZ with a flip of a switch. This will save users time and frees up cables for repotting sounds again and again, while keeping the channels of MIXZ free to bring other signals into the mix.
Combining the Bus Mix with Mixer A and B, the MIXZ can sum dozens of channels in only 10 HP.
- Tiptop Audio MIXZ Mixer
- Low-Cost Analog Multi-Channel Mixing Module
- High Quality Analog Mixing Circuitry
- Suitable for mixing Audio, CV, and Gate Signals
- 3 Mixer Sections
- Mixer A is a low-noise, 4-channel mixer with independent gain control for each channel
- Mixer B is a low-noise, 4-channel mixer with master gain control
- Bus Mix is a multi-channel mixer that mixes signals from modules utilizing the Tiptop Audio Bus Mix
- Mixer A and B can be configured as either two independent 4-Channel Mixers or as a single 8-Channel Mixer
- Tiptop Audio Bus Mix is a new method for mixing audio signals through the Eurorack Power Bus Board without patch cables (useful for Tiptop Drum modules which all have a Bus Mix enabled Output)
- Inputs: 1, 2, 3, 4 (Mixer A); 1, 2, 3, 4 (Mixer B), Bus Mix
- Outputs: Mixer A Output, Mixer B Output
- Plenty of Headroom providing a smooth organic merge of dynamics and excellent separation of mixing sections and channels
- Excellent Linear Response
- Low Noise Operation
- Clear Visual Layout
- Small Footprint at only 10HP Width
Questions on MIXZ Mixer - 10HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 10 HP Width
- 36mm Depth
- Current Draw: 14mA @ ±12V