The Tiptop Audio ‘HATS909’ is a part of Tiptop Audio’s series of drum modules that bring those classic percussion sounds into the modular synth world, instant turning Eurorack systems into self-contained music machines.
The HATS909 is a Hi-Hats drum module that is the TR-909’s original Close and Open Hi-Hats circuits adapted for use in the Eurorack modular synthesizer format and was tested to sound like a machine coming fresh off the assembly line back in the 80’s. Improving on the original, Tiptop Audio have added some great new features that expand the sound palette of hats that can be produced with this small, powerful module.
The original TR-909 circuit is made with a combination of lo-fi 6-bit sound samples that pass through a series of analog elements to provide envelope and filtering to the sound source. The HATS909 module allows for manual and voltage control of the sample’s tuning, which provides anything from crushed hats and short ticks to the original sound and anything in between. A modulation switch allows users to tap a voltage control to either the tune input or the internal VCA for modulation with external control signals or for adding AM or FM synthesis in the audio range fro external oscillators, other drum sounds, or just about any sound source. HATS909 also offers a switch for a direct tap to the output of the original sample, bypass all other internal analog processing, giving users the pure source sound for synthesis in any way with other modules.
Just like the other drums in this series, the HATS909 high-powered output gain stage allows users to further harmonize the sound through distortion and clipping. On each gate input, Tiptop Audio have designed a dual pulse-shaper circuit so users can trigger the HATS909 with Trigger/Gate signals from step sequencers, Clock Dividers, or any other Pulse/Clock sources.
- Tiptop Audio HATS909 Hi-Hats Drum Module
- Roland TR-909’s Original Closed and Open Hi-Hats Circuits adapted for use in the Eurorack Modular Synthesizer Format
- Lo-Fi 6-Bit Sound Samples that pass through a series of Analog elements to provide Envelope and Filtering to the source sound
- Manual and Voltage-Control of the Sample’s Tuning
- High-Powered Output Gain Stage capable of producing hot signals to further harmonize the sound through distortion and clipping
- Dual Pulse-Shaper Circuit on each Gate Input so users can trigger the HATS909 with Trigger/Gate Signals from Step Sequencers, Clock Dividers, or any other Pulse/Clock Sources
- Modulation Switch allows users to tap a Voltage-Control to either the Tune Input or the Internal VCA for modulation with External Control Signals for adding AM or FM Synthesis in the Audio Range from External Oscillators, other Drum Sounds, or just about any Sound Source
- Features a switch for a direct tap of the Output of the Original Sample, bypassing all other internal analog processing, giving users the pure source sound
- Inputs: VC-FM/AM, Accent IN, OH GATE, CH GATE, VC-TUNE
- Output: HATS OUT
- Controls: Tune, Level, CH Decay, OH Decay, FM/AM CV Input, Accent, 909/RAW Switch, FM/AM Switch
Questions on HATS909 Hi-Hats - 8HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 8 HP Width
- 36mm Depth
- Current Draw: 33mA @ +12V, 22mA @ -12V