The Tiptop Audio ‘CYMBL909’ is part of Tiptop Audio’s system of drum modules that bring those classic percussion sounds into the modular synth world, further expanding the Tiptop Audio Eurorack Modular Drum machine.
The CYMBL909 is a dual voice module contain the Roland TR-909’s original Crash and Ride circuits adapted for use in the Eurorack modular synthesizer format and was tested to sound like a fresh machine coming out of the assembly line back in the 80’s. On top of the original, Tiptop Audio have added some great new features that expand the sound palette of what can be produced with these two voice circuits.
The original circuits use a combination of lo-fi 6-bit sound samples that pass through a series of analog elements that provide envelope and filtering to the source sound. The CYMBL909 module adds manual and voltage-control of the sample’s analog tuning section creating tones which range from heavy industrial at the low end, to the original crash/ride sound at the mid range, and bright hats like sounds at the top end. Modulating the Tune with an Envelope, CV sequencer, or LFO makes interesting sound bending effects, which can be applied either in or out of sync with the triggering of the sounds.
Just like the other drums in the Tiptop Audio drum series, the CYMBL909’s high-powered output gain stage allows users to further enhance the sound through distortion and clipping. Tiptop Audio have designed a dual pulse-shaper circuit on each gate input so users can trigger the CYMBL909 with Trigger/Gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers, or any other pulse/clock sources.
- Tiptop Audio CYMBL909 Crash/Ride Drum Module
- Roland TR-909’s Original Crash and Ride Circuits adapted for use in the Eurorack Modular Synthesizer Format
- Lo-Fi 6-Bit Sound Samples that pass through a series of Analog elements to provide Envelope and Filtering to the source sound
- Manual and Voltage-Control of the Sample’s Tuning
- High-Powered Output Gain Stage capable of producing hot signals to further harmonize the sound through distortion and clipping
- Dual Pulse-Shaper Circuit on each Gate Input so users can trigger the CYMBL909 with Trigger/Gate Signals from Step Sequencers, Clock Dividers, or any other Pulse/Clock Sources
- Inputs: Crash VC-TUNE, Ride VC-TUNE, Crash ACCENT IN, Ride ACCENT IN, CR GATE, RD GATE
- Outputs: Crash OUT, Ride OUT
- Controls: Crash Level, Ride Level, Crash Tune, Ride Tune, Crash Accent, Ride Accent
Questions on CYMBL909 Cymbals - 8HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 8 HP Width
- 46mm Depth
- Current Draw: 60mA @ +12V, 40mA @ -12V