The Tiptop Audio ‘CP909’ is the TR-909 clap sound analog generator in Eurorack format. This is yet another low-cost analog drum generator from a legendary drum machine for modular synthesizers, expanding the Tiptop Audio modular drum series even further.
The CP909 is an analog clap drum module that is an exact reproduction of the original analog circuit and, with the addition of just one extra knob “trashing” the frequency of the internal noise generator, Tiptop Audio have added greatly to the spectrum of sounds that can be generated — all that without compromising the signature sound of the TR-909 clap.
The CP909 clap effect is made by a special triple-saw envelope generator that controls the gain of a VCA. The sound source feeding into the VCA is made by a quasi-random logic based noise generator; some might call it “digital noise” though this term might be misleading in today’s world of micro-controllers and sound samples. What really makes the noise generator is a ring of logic gates, so primitive, so 80’s, and that’s the sound of the 909 Clap!
The CP909 includes a high-powered output gain stage capable of producing hot signals. On the inputs Tiptop have designed a pulse-shaper circuit so users can trigger the CP909 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers, or any other pulse/clock sources. This eliminates the need to shape pulses sent to the module and ensures the same stable sound at peak power, regardless of the pulse source. Based on the architecture of the 909, the Accent input is versatile and able to take in both CV and Gate signals for continuously changing dynamics. All these unique features make integrating this legendary sound generator into modular systems easy, unleashing the power of real analog drums.
- Tiptop Audio CP909 Analog Clap Drum
- Identical Recreation via Reverse-Engineering of the Original Analog Drum Circuit of the Roland TR-909
- Featuring an added “Trash” Control that expands the spectrum of sounds that can be generated without compromising the signature sound of the TR-909 Clap
- Utilizes a special Triple-Saw Envelope Generator that controls the gain of a VCA
- Quasi-Random Logic-Based Noise Generator as Sound Source
- High-Powered Output Gain Stage capable of producing hot signals
- Pulse-Shaper Circuit on the Inputs so the CP909 can be triggered by Trigger/Gate Signals, Clock Dividers, or any other Pulse/Clock Source (eliminates the need to shape pulse sent to the CP909 and ensures the same stable sound at peak power regardless of the pulse source)
- Accent Input is versatile and able to take in both CV and Gate Signals for continuously changing dynamics (based on the architecture of the Tr-909)
- Inputs: Accent, Gate
- Output: CLAP OUT
- Controls: Level, Trash, Accent
Questions on CP909 Clap - 4HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 4 HP Width
- 36mm Depth
- Current Draw: 6mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V