The Swift is Thermionic Culture's all-tube stereo equalizer, a new design based on ideas borrowed in part from Pultec and EMI. Equally well-suited as an EQ for your mix buss or individual tracks, The Swift is yet another demonstration by Thermionic of just how incredible tubes can sound.
While The Swift is based on the main electronics of classic EMI console EQs and the Pultec midlift, Thermionic has definitely added their own touch throughout, allowing not only improvements to the stability of these older designs, but also greater ease of use and features not found in these classic EQs. Including Thermionic Culture's all-passive High Pass Filter, Mid Cut, and Air, these new features greatly contribute to the Swift's overal clear and minimally colored sound.
Named after Britain's fastest flying bird, The Swift is an accurate and nearly noiseless tube EQ for the modern engineer.
- All-tube signal path using a combination of NOS and new tubes
- Based on classic US and UK EQs
- Shelving Bass and treble lift/cut with two selectable frequencies each
- Mid cut/lift with four selectable frequencies and thre selectable q combinations
- Presence and Air controls
- Switchable High Pass Filter
- Gain adjustable in steps of 0.75 dB
- Frequency range exceeds human hearing on both ends of the spectrum with minimal phase shift
- Virtually no distortion or noise
Questions on Swift Stereo Valve Equalizer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Frequency Response: +0.5 / -1 dB 12 Hz to 40 kHz
- THD (measured at 1kHz & 100Hz): At +4 dBu 0.01%; + 10 dBu 0.02%; +18dBu 0.1%; + 24 dBu 1% (MOL)
- Noise (below max o/p level – MOL): -115dB
- Gain: -10.5 to +3dB in 0.75dB steps
- Input impedance: 10k Ohm
- Output impedance: 250 Ohm
- Power consumption at 115/230 VAC: 30W
- Net Weight: 7kg / 15.4 lb
- Indicator lamp: 12V, 3W