Following on from the phenomenal success of The Fat Bustard summing mixer whose features include Attitude, EQ, stereo width, and of course a big fat sound, we find there’s a demand for a similar warm sounding summing mixer with more channels at a lower price, keeping the unique Attitude control.
Enter the Little Red Bustard (but actually there’s nothing LITTLE about this guy’s sound ! ).
This new unit utilises the same input circuit and Attitude section as the Fat Bustard, using the same type twin triode valves.
Instead of having eqs and Stereo Spread, etc., there is only the “AIR” control which works on the very high end. Because the unit contains no solid state in the audio path, the use of this control will enhance the sound with a lovely velvety sheen typical of the best all-valve equipment with none of the harshness found in some solid state units.
The output stage is very similar to that of The Fat Bustard, except that for reasons of space and heat, smaller double triodes are employed. All valves are “mil spec” NOS types. The max output level is still well above +20 dBv, adequate for any DAW.
- All valve 16 input summing mixer
- Each pair of inputs has its own on/off switch
- Inputs 13 to 16 can be switched to centre
- Attitude control adds musical 2nd harmonics
- Air control increases high top end without solid state harshness
- Frequency response extends well above and below audio range
- Easily enough output to drive your DAW and very low noise
- All inputs are “semi-floating” on XLRs
- Outputs are unbalanced
- Shares the same natural warmth as the Fat Bustard
- Extremely low distortion (< 0.1%) before Attitude is added
Questions on Little Red Bustard Summing Mixer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Input impedance: 10kΩ
- Output impedance: 250Ω. Load impedance should be 2kΩ or greater.
- Distortion: <0.025% @ +4dBu (THD, unweighted, 30kHz filter)
- Maximum o/p level: +25dBu (MOL @ 1% distortion)
- Noise (30kHz filter): < - 82dBu
- Frequency response +/- 1dB: 12Hz to 55kHz
- Phase shift @10kHz: 5% (18°)
- Crosstalk: 1kHz < - 60dB, 10kHz < - 50dB
- Power consumption 35 watts
- Weight 5.3 kg