Teenage Engineering OP-1
The OP-1 is an all-inclusive portable controller, sampler, and synthesizer. Bundled along with other features such as an assignable G-Force sensor for motion control, and the ability to sample from FM radio stations. The OP-1 also has a built in 'Tape' feature which allows you to record your creations down to 4 tracks, with overdubbing and reverse recording.
OP-1 comes with eight built-in synth engines, exchangeable effects, and exchangeable sequencers to help you get your track where it needs to be by providing many different creative and unique combinations. You are able to connect the OP-1 to your computer and control your favorite DAW with transport controls such as play, stop, record, fast-forward, and rewind.
With a built-in mixer to provide EQing and drive, you're able to achieve some amazing results combining that with the tape record the OP-1 provides. The ability to change the tape speed while recording and record backwards in realtime are provided by the tape record feature, allowing you to get recordings across the spectrum from wonky to sane.
The OP-1 has a beautiful color coded interface with a colored OLED display. The easy to use and understand interface provides a simple and nontechnical way to control and sculpt your sounds so anyone can easily start using the OP-1.
The OP-1 is a beautiful, portable, and powerful synthesizer bundled into a simple and sleek package. All of these features along with a 16-hour battery life means that you can be constantly making music while you're on the go.
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with Exchangeable Architecture
- Built-in 24 Voice Instant Live Sampler
- 4 track Tape Recorder with Variable Tape Speed
- 6 Minutes Recording Time. (Up to 24 Minutes)
- 4 track Mixer with EQ, Effect, Drive and Master Out
- Multiple Exchangeable Effects
- Multiple Exchangeable Sequencers
- USB MIDI Controller – MAC & PC Compatible
- 2-Way USB File Transfer – MAC & PC Compatible
- Color Coded Vector Based User Interface
- Instant Reverse and variable Tape Speed Recording
- Full Classic Tape Editing Capabilities
- Master Tempo with Beat Matching to Tape Feature
Questions on OP-1 Synthesizer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with exchangable Architecture.
- 8 dedicated instant sound select keys
- Dr Wave – Raw 8-bit yupe sound engine
- FM – Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse – Square wave type engine
- String – Physical modeling with a twist
- Digital – Raw digital type of engine
- Phase – Phase distortion engine
- Cluster – Multiple Wave Cluster
- Feature additions of Engines will be available with software upgrades
- Sample Engines
- Dedicated instant Synth Sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Dedicated instant Drum Sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot. With automated layout feature.
- Instant sampling with built-in Microphone or Line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic Envelope for Drum sounds.
- Future additions of Envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- Multiple Effects with exchangable Architecture.
- Delay – Classic delay type
- Phone – Hacked phone effect
- Punch – Adds punch to your sound
- Grid – Grid based echo
- Spring – Spring reverb type
- Future additions of Effects will be available with software upgrades
- 4 individual tracks with instant Solo
- Instant variable Tape Speed
- 6 minutes recording time in Normal tape speed.
- Up to 24 minutes recording time in Low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for Break Tape, Bits and Reverse.
- Memo 1 & 2 for instant memorizing Effects / EQ / Pan or Levels / Tape Speed
- Classic Tape editing Features Lift / Split and Drop
- Lift tape recordings back into Sampler for endless sound design.
- 3 Axis Motion sensor (G-Force)
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch.
- Built-in FM radio
- Sample direct from any radiostation
- Record direct to tape
- 400 MHz Processor Core (800 MMACSS performance)
- 64 MB Low-Power SDRAM (12ns)
- 512 MB Nand Flash storage
- 24-bit 96kHz ADC/DAC
- Li-Ion 1800 mAh
- 16 hours active Battery Life
- 2 Years stand-by time
- Charge via USB port
- USB 2.0 high speed (OTG)
- 3.5 mm Line Input, Output
- Built-in microphone
- High output mini speaker 8 Ohm 1 Watt
- 3-axis accelerometer (G-force) sensor
- Worldwide FM band support (64-108 MHz)
- Amoled display running in 60 fps
- 320 x 160 pixel resolution
- Color Depth: 16.7 M
- Contrast: 10000:1 (good for outdoor use!)
- Viewing Angle: 170°
- Life Time: 30,000 hrs
- Low profile keyboard module
- Scissor-switch ultra low profile design
- Expected lifespan of 10 million keystrokes per key
- Industrial Grade Incremental Encoders
- Rotational life: Up to 1,000,000 revolutions
- Excellent indexing feel (remains consistent over life)
- Zinc diecast and fiber enforced high performance plastic
- Used in Avionics Operating temperature range: -40 to +85°C2.8
- Advanced CNC:d one-piece Aluminum design.
- 2 X M6 Mounting holes for accessories.
- 2 X Cuts for strap accessory.
- Light grey powder coated body and EDM textured keyboard
- L 282 mm, H 102 mm, D 13.5 mm
- The OP-1 comes shipped in a reusable environmental friendly package made out of Paperfoam material.