The Radial Shuttle is a combination effects insert and routing module that enables you to bring playback tracks, effects and other non-Radial modules into the Workhorse.
The design begins with an input feed via the Workhorse or other 500 series rack. This feeds two front panel insert loops. The first is fully balanced to make interfacing with +4dB studio gear quick and efficient while taking full advantage of the lower noise afforded by a true balanced insert. The second loop is unbalanced for -10dB operation. This is the most common form of insert found in studio workstation environments. A third loop can be accessed via the Omniport for those that are equipped with a Workhorse. Each is equipped with an individual insert on-off selector that allows the effects to be compared.
Where the Shuttle really begins to get interesting is when using the Workhorse for real-time playback. A feed from the recorder is sent to the Shuttle where the program track can be auditioned at the same time as a new recording track without latency of any kind. One simply routes the mic preamp and shuttle to one of the 8 channels while auditioning via the main, monitor or headphone outputs.
- Lets you connect any module to the Workhorse mix buss
- Two front panel effects loops for handy patchbay convenience
- Individual insert switches for comparing wet – dry signals
- Third loop via Omniport for remote studio patchbay interface
Questions on Shuttle 500 Series Insert Loop
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz, ± 0.5dB
- Dynamic range: >130dB
- Noise: -125dBu
- Gain: 0db
- Maximum input: +22dBu to *Workhorse buss - Max Input
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms
- Omniport Function: Unbalanced loop
- Power requirement: 20mA
- Shipping Size 9 x 6.5 x 2 (inches)
- Weight 1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg)
- Warranty 3 Years, Transferable