The Radial SB-15 Tailbone is a high performance signal buffer designed to sit at the beginning of the signal chain and drive multiple pedals without the added noise that often plagues high impedance circuits.
The ultra-compact design begins with a standard Hi-Z instrument input. The signal is then 'tamed' using Radial's unique Dragster™ load correction circuit to replicate the tone and feel as if connected directly to the amplifier. The signal is then buffered via a 100% discrete, class-A unity gain amplifier.
Unlike most others that employ ICs or integrated circuits to buffer the signal, the discrete design reduces the need for phase-cancelling negative feedback producing a more natural and pleasing tone. This is further advanced with the same award winning class-A buffer that is in the Radial JD7 and used by guitarists as diverse as Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Steve Lukather and many others. Once buffered, the Tailbone lowers the impedance and susceptibility to hum and buzz caused by radio interference and electromagnetic fields. The SB-15 is then able to drive multiple pedals distances of 15 meters (50') without noise.
The SB-15 Tailbone is powered by a standard Boss-style 9V supply (not included). As an extra bonus, when using a Tonebone pedal that requires 15V on your pedalboard, you can combine two 9V outputs from your power brick and the Tailbone will convert them to 15VDC and provide the correct voltage polarity. This makes adding a high-end Tonebone to your pedalboard easy!
The Radial SB-15 Tailbone delivers exceptional sonic quality, reduces noise and adds the convenience of 15VDC power for your Tonebone.
- 100% discrete Class-A buffer
- Drag™ control load correction
- Drives pedals to 15 meters (50')
- Converts two 9V supplies to 15 VDC
Questions on StageBug SB-15 Tailbone Signal Buffer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Audio circuit type: Class A FET buffer
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 30Khz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.01% @ 1kHz
- Dynamic range: 104dB with dual 9V supply,
- 98dB with single 9V supply
- Input impedance: 22K to 500K
- Output impedance: 4.7K
- Maximum input: +16dBu
- Gain: 0dB (unity gain)
- Clip level output: +16dBu
- Noise floor: -88dBu
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.004%
- Phase deviation: <5° at 20Hz
- Audio Connections: ¼" unbalanced Hi-Z in/out
- Controls: Drag™ control load correction circuit
- Power input: Dual 9VDC 200mA for optimal performance*
- *May be used with single 9VDC supply to power buffer only
- Power input connector: Standard 2.1mm barrel with center negative (-)
- Power output connector: Standard 2.1mm barrel with center positive (+)
- Power output: +15V DC 400mA
- Construction: Steel Enclosure
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.5" x 1,85" x 1.35" (114mm x 47mm x 34mm)
- Weight: 0.55 lbs (250 grams)
- Shipping Size: (L x W x D): 8" x 5" x 3" (203mm x 127mm x 76mm)
- Shipping Weight: 0.65 lbs (295 grams)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.