NOTE: This is for a DIY project and will require assembly. Listing includes PCB + FRONT PANEL + ALL NECESSARY COMPONENTS TO ASSEMBLE. This is a full kit.
Due to the nature of DIY projects, no returns allowed on kits that have been attempted to be assembled or with missing components.
The RYO Aperture is modeled after the classic Buchla 292 Lopass Gate, allowing broader variety of tones than its vintage counterpart. Aperture can act as a VCA, a lowpass filter, or both simultaneously. The addition of a switchable resonance circuit takes the LPG concept into more modern territory, allowing for everything from gummy, bubbly sounds to shrieking resonance.
The Aperture features a "Klang" input, which allows for the classic vactrol strike sound - a quick attack with a very natural ringing decay not unlike plucking a partly muted string.
An input drive section allows level control of incoming signals, even allowing heavy overdrive for really giving the filter something to bite into.
- Resonant lowpass gate with 12dB lowpass VCF, VCA, and LPG modes
- Switchable resonance circuit with level control
- CV input for Filter Cutoff and/or Amplifier level with attenuator
- Controllable input gain (even amplifies into distortion)
- AC-coupled signal input
- Klang input for classic LPG pluck
- With resonance on in VCA mode, becomes 6dB/oct LPG rather than 12dB/oct in "both" mode
Questions on Aperture Resonant LPG Full DIY Kit - 8HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Panel width: 8hp
- Depth: 27mm
- Max current draw: self oscillating at max cutoff 50mA @ +12V / 45mA @ -12V
- Average current draw: 25mA @ +12V / 45mA @ -12V
- See build instructions here