The RYO Aperture is modeled after the classic Buchla 292 Lopass Gate, allowing broader variety of tones than its vintage counterpart. Aperture can act as a VCA, a lowpass filter, or both simultaneously. The addition of a switchable resonance circuit takes the LPG concept into more modern territory, allowing for everything from gummy, bubbly sounds to shrieking resonance.
The Aperture features a "Klang" input, which allows for the classic vactrol strike sound - a quick attack with a very natural ringing decay not unlike plucking a partly muted string.
An input drive section allows level control of incoming signals, even allowing heavy overdrive for really giving the filter something to bite into.
- Resonant lowpass gate with 12dB lowpass VCF, VCA, and LPG modes
- Switchable resonance circuit with level control
- CV input for Filter Cutoff and/or Amplifier level with attenuator
- Controllable input gain (even amplifies into distortion)
- AC-coupled signal input
- Klang input for classic LPG pluck
- With resonance on in VCA mode, becomes 6dB/oct LPG rather than 12dB/oct in "both" mode
Questions on Aperture Resonant LPG (Assembled) - 8HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Panel width: 8hp
- Depth: 27mm
- Max current draw: self oscillating at max cutoff 50mA @ +12V / 45mA @ -12V
- Average current draw: 25mA @ +12V / 45mA @ -12V