Extensively processed vocals are common occurrence in modern electronic music, however producing these effects easily and reproducing them in a live setting has been a challenge—until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, users can fluidly alter pitch and formant shape in real time to add heavily processed vocal sounds into studio tracks and stage performances with no hassle. In addition, the VT-3 has a beautiful physical design and functions fluently with other products in the AIRA series.
The VT-3 is not only for creating robot voices (although there's nothing wrong with robot voices). It also has the capability to transform a voice into synthesizers, synth basses, hard-tuned and lo-fi sounds, plus more. The VT-3 can also be used subtly and musically, with built-in reverb, smooth wet/dry fader control, and instant bypass.
Pop and electro sounds with two characteristic Auto-Pitch effects, produce VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without needing a keyboard, scatter function for glitched out effects that sound like something’s gone wrong (in a good way), loads of lo-fi tones with Megaphone and Radio settings, synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button, Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths users can sing.
Smooth Control: designed for creative speed and live performance, the VT-3 is intended to be played. It features high-quality specifications and sturdy, brightly lit controls which are incredibly simple to use. The controls and functions are smooth and fast, with no popping, clicking, or latency issues to fret about, even when changing presets or switching voice characters. Weighing in at less than two pounds and small enough to slip into a bag, the VT-3 can be taken anywhere.
- Create heavily processed vocal sounds in real time
- Smooth control with dedicated Pitch and Formant sliders
- Large dedicated Reverb and Mix Balance sliders
- Save three favorite settings for instant recall
- Connect an optional footswitch for additional control in live performances
- Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls for great visibility
- Lightweight and durable construction for easy portability
- Standard XLR/TRS combo jack (with phantom power) and 1/8-inch mic jack (with plug-in power)
- Stereo outputs can be configured as separate mono wet/dry channels
- Built-in USB audio interface with loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks
- Great for podcasts and live web streaming
- Powered by USB bus or included AC adapter
Questions on Aira VT-3 Voice Transformer Vocoder
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Nominal Input Level: MIC IN -40 to -12 dBu (variable)
- Input Impedance: MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms, MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- PHONES: 24 ohms
- Scene Memory: 3
- Voice Changer: Pitch, Formant, Robot, Character
- Character Type: DIRECT, AUTO PITCH1, AUTO PITCH2, VOCODER, SYNTH, LEAD, BASS, MEGAPHONE, RADIO, SCATTER
- Effect Type: REVERB
- Controllers: Pitch slider, Formant slider, Mix Balance slider, Reverb slider, Character knob, Robot button, Bypass button, Phantom switch, Select switch
- Indicator: Peak indicator
- Connectors: MIC IN jack (Rear): XLR type (balanced, phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max). MIC IN jack (Rear): 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced). MIC IN jack
- (Front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power). PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type. OUT jacks: 1/4-inch phone type. USB port: USB type B (Audio).
- PEDAL jack: 1/4-inch phone type. DC IN jack.
- USB Audio,
- Power Supply: AC adaptor or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw: 380 mA
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", AC adaptor
- Width: 210 mm 8-5/16 inches
- Depth: 175 mm 6-15/16 inches
- Height: 57 mm 2-1/4 inches
- Weight: 690 g 1 lbs. 9 oz.