Roland & Serato DJ-808 Controller
Welcome to the defining product of a new era of DJ hardware. The DJ-808 is a breakthrough product brought to you by the creators of the software standard for DJs, as well as the creators of some of the most iconic drum machines that have defined modern music from dance to rap - Serato and Roland. With a four-channel mixer, an onboard vocoder / voice transformer, an onboard TR machine with a step sequencer, two insanely low latency jog platters, audiophile sound quality, a license for Serato 7 Serato Pitch & Time, and more, the Roland DJ-808 will change the way you DJ.
The TR Drum Machine / Step Sequencer has built in 606, 707, 808, and 909 kicks, snares, hi-hats, and claps, and can also trigger samples in the Serato sampler from the sequencer. The drum machine can sync along with your tracks that are playing so you don't need to worry about syncing the BPM, unless you want to have manual control over the drum machines BPM. There are buttons for easy access to shuffling, pattern switching, sound bank switching, and accent notes so that you can take the tracks you play to the next level.
Each channel on the mixer has a 3 band EQ with Trim, FX blend, and quick load buttons. Each EQ band can cut up to 26 dB, and add up to 6 dB of gain. An additional 9 dB of gain can be added via the trim. Each channel and the TR sequencer / sampler can be loaded into the Cue so you can easily get your blends just right. The channel FX on the mixer section can control Dub Echo, Jet, Noise, and Filter FX styles.
Each deck on the DJ-808 boasts 8 color coded pads to control Hot Cues, Roll, Slicer, TR Sequencer Pattern, or the sampler, dual deck control, looping features, key sync / pitch adjustment, BPM syncing, BPM adjustment, beat grid controls, and of course the outstanding jog platters with slip mode and vinyl mode.
The DJ-808's built-in voice transformer is yet another groundbreaking feature for DJs. The VT has a built in 2 band EQ, pitch control, a formant filter, reverb, mic level, and it can match the input from your microphone to the key of the currently playing track!
The front controls of the DJ-808 controller include two headphone jacks with cue volume and mixing and a crossfader control section to control the routing of the crossfader between decks, the deck input, as well as crossfader and channel fader slope adjustment.
The rear controls of the DJ-808 is another area it really shines in. The backside of the DJ-808 is armed with one microphone input (XLR / TRS) and gain control, stereo XLR & stereo RCA master output stereo TRS booth output, 4 sets of stereo RCA inputs (one for each channel) with a phono ground, a 5 pin MIDI output, 2 Aira link USB hosts outputs, and of course the PC USB link for your laptop.
All of these incredible features packaged into an outstanding appearance of Roland's Aira green color theme, with Serato's signature controller layout. With the Roland & Serato DJ-808 you can be sure that the DJ industry is about to get a whole new wave of creativity and a rise in the amount of unique DJing techniques.
- Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats
- Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer
- Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching
- Velocity sensitive RGB color pads for Hot Cue, Roll, TR Drum Machine, Sampler and more
- Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays
- 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX
- Standalone professional 4 channel digital mixer
- Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ
- 24bit / 96kHz audio fidelity
- Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode
- 100mm pitch faders
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Pitch n Time DJ license
- Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of a Serato DVS license
Questions on DJ-808 DJ Controller
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Sampling Frequency = 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24 bits
- D/A conversion: 32 bits
Nominal input level
- Input (1--4) (RCA phono type, Line): -12 dBu
- Input (1, 2) (RCA phono type, Phono): -39 dBu
- Mic In(Combo type): -60 dBu
Nominal output level
- Master Out 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
- Master Out 2: +0 dBu
- Booth Out: +6 dBu (balanced)
- 18 dB
- Input (1--4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
- Mic In (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- Master Out 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
- Master Out 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
- Booth Out: 600 ohms (balanced)
- Phones: 44 ohms
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz--40 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz--22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz--20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
Residual noise level
- Input (1--4) --> Master Output 1: 83 dBu type.
- (Gain knob: min., input terminated with 1 k ohm, channel fader: max., IHF-A, type.)
- Master Out: 115 dB
- Booth Out: 115 dB
- Phones: 115 dB
- Input (1--4) jacks: RCA phono type
- Mic In jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced))
- Master Out 1 jacks: XLR type (balanced)
- Master Out 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- Booth Out jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- Headphones jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- USB Host ports: USB type A
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI Out connector
- DC In jack
- Phono Ground Terminal
- AC adaptor
- 2,000 mA
- 668 (W) x 427 (D) x 84 (H) mm
- 26-5/16 (W) x 16-13/16 (D) x 3-5/16 (H) inches
- 6.8 kg (excluding AC adaptor)
- 15 lbs
- Startup guide
- USB cable
- Serato Pitch & Time DJ Expansion Pack Voucher Card