Purchase a SYSTEM-1M, Torcido, Bitrazer, Scooper, Demora, SBX-1, or SYR-E84 between June 17th 2016 and August 31st 2016 to receive a $50 cash rebate from Roland. See Roland's site for more details.
The SBX-1 converts incoming performance data from external devices to both CV (pitch) and GATE (note) signals. So it provides possibilities far beyond what one would expect from a simple sync box. It can be used to play analog or modular synths. Users can output the LFOs that they create in the SBX-1 along with performance information, modulate them and even utilize them as trigger signals.
Users can also add analog and modular devices to a computer-based music production environment, or design completely new and innovative live performance setups that bring together AIRA gear like the TR-8, TB-3, and SYSTEM-1 with classic analog or modular synthesizers. The SBX-1 not only bridges worlds - it opens doors to entirely new worlds.
Where music is concerned, timing is everything. The SBX-1 keeps everything tight, syncing analog and digital devices to a computer or as a master clock source controlling the tempo of all connected devices. In addition to the SBX-1's internal clock, users can set the master to MIDI, DIN SYNC, or USB/MIDI. Physical controls for TEMPO and FINE tempo as well as TAP tempo provide deep control of the overall groove and let users freely adjust their timing to sync-up with DJs or other performers in a band.
When swing is a must have, the SBX-1’s Shuffle function can inject variable swing into patterns created by external sequencers and rhythm machines - even equipment that is not equipped with a shuffle function, like the TR-808 and TB-303. Choose between 16th and 8th note swing settings and correct timing errors with the quick-access, performance-oriented SYNC button.
The SBX-1 comes complete with CV/GATE output jacks so users are able to control analog and modular synths from an external MIDI device or computer. MIDI notes and CC info from external sources are converted and output as CV/GATE information, and this provides all kinds of creative possibilities.
Users can create LFO signals in the SBX-1 that are synced to either the internal clock or tempo from an external source. Users can register up to 5 types (3 types with AUX) of different LFO settings and output these as CV signals simultaneously from 3 separate channels (CV/BEND/AUX). Users can also register up to 5 types (3 types with AUX) of different MIDI notes as trigger settings and output these as GATE signals at the same time from 3 channels (CV/GATE/AUX).
Users can even create GATE trigger signals on the SBX-1 itself, which supports a range from quarter notes to 32nd notes, this includes triplets and dotted 8th notes. The SBX-1 features an AUX jack that has been optimized specifically for the TR-8 Rhythm Performer. It drastically speeds things up by letting users check values on the SBX-1 display as they setup the TR-8 tone that they want to GATE trigger.
There is only one rule, and that is that there are no rules. Experiment with myriad combinations of instruments and devices. Trigger, convert, shuffle and modulate. Create new sounds and exciting live performances.
- Simultaneous conversion between MIDI, DIN SYNC, and USB/MIDI
- Control external devices with SBX-1 as the master sync source
- Shuffle adds swing to patterns generated on devices without swing like TR-808 and TB-303
- CV/GATE jacks introduce enormous creative possibilities
- SYNC button corrects timing errors with a single press
- Output up to three channels of triggers or LFOs with different characteristics
- DIN SYNC supports both Sync24 and Sync48 compatible with a variety of rhythm machines
- Works great with the TR-8 through optimized AUX jack
- Runs on USB bus power or with AC adapter
Questions on Aira SBX-1 Sync Box MIDI DIN CV Interface
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Switch: [DIN SYNC IN] Switch (24, 48), [DIN SYNC OUT1] Switch (24, 48), [DIN SYNC OUT2] Switch (24, 48), [TRANSPOSE] Switch (H, M, L), [POLARITY] Switch (+, -) [BEND] Switch (WHOLE, OCT, LFO), [AUX] Switch (1, 2, 3), [POWER] Switch
- Buttons: [CLOCK SOURCE] button (D-SYNC, MIDI, USB, INT), [SYNC] button, [SHUFFLE] button, [STOP] button, [PLAY/PAUSE] button, [TAP] button
- Knobs: [TEMPO] knob, [FINE] knob
- Indicators: [D-SYNC] indicator, [MIDI] indicator, [USB] indicator, [INT] indicator
- Display: 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- Connectors: DIN SYNC (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors, MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors, USB COMPUTER port: USB type B, DC IN jack, CV jack: Miniature phone , type, GATE jack: Miniature phone type, BEND jack: Miniature phone type, AUX jack: Miniature phone type
- Power Supply: AC adaptor or supplied from the computer via USB
- Current Draw: 150 mA (When using an AC adaptor), 200 mA (When using USB bus power)
- Accessories: Owner’s manual, Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”, AC adaptor
- Width (W): 220 mm 8-11/16 inches
- Depth (D): 135 mm 5-3/8 inches
- Height (H): 52 mm 2-1/16 inches
- Weight: 790 g 1 lbs. 12 oz.