Small, powerful, and inexpensive, the JD-Xi boasts a true analog synth engine, Roland’s legendary SuperNATURAL synth sounds, and many other sound shaping tools under one hood. Equipped with 37 mini keys, this compact synthesizer delivers fat, warm analog bass and squealing lead tones with ample controls for hands-on tone sculpting, plus polyphonic PCM essentials like luscious pads, bright strings, punch brass, and more. Create complex loops in a flash with the pattern sequencer and included drum kits, and explore expressive vocal textures with the gooseneck mic, Vocoder, and AutoPitch. Small in size and large in capability, the JD-Xi is all about big sounds and bigger fun!
With a unique crossover sound engine, the JD-Xi lets users experience the best of both worlds: the warm, smooth response of true analog, and the crispness and versatile functionality of modern digital. The newly developed monophonic analog synth section boasts saw, triangle, and square waveforms with pulse-width modulation and an all analog filter, plus an separate sub oscillator for super low-end thump. Two digital synth sections offer 128-voice polyphony and a huge range of high-quality SuperNATURAL synth sounds, including pads, strings, electric piano, sound effects, and many more.
The JD-Xi is equipped with a sturdy, high-quality gooseneck microphone that provides even more versatility to this already powerful synth. Using the Vocoder, users can sing into the mic and change the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard. With AutoPitch, it’s a breeze to get the exaggerated, robotic vocal tones common in pop and electronic music. There’s also an amazing Auto Note function that allows users to “sing” JD-Xi synth sounds without even touching the keyboard!
Using the highly intuitive pattern sequencer and large selection of the included sounds, users are able to create and perform complex music with just the JD-Xi. The sequencer provides four separate tracks—two digital synth parts, analog synth, and drums—which allows users to build rich-sounding loops fit for any genre. Real-time and step recording modes are available, along with a special TR-REC mode for programming steps in the same style as Roland’s classic TR-series beatboxes. It’s easy to play patterns and tweak sounds while performing, and many preset patterns are built in for jamming right out of the box.
The JD-Xi also features four simultaneous effects sections for embellishing any sound. Effect 1 and 2 provide selectable signal processing options like Bit Crusher, Ring Mod, and Slicer, while dedicated Delay and Reverb sections make it simple to envelop sounds in beautiful ambient space. Each effects section can be switched on/off separately for all three synth sections and drums, allowing users to shape the mix with many creative combinations.
- Limited Edition White Model
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog and digital sound engines
- Analog synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones and 128-voice total polyphony
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch
- Process sounds with four simultaneous effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb)
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software
- Includes a large selection of ready-to-play sounds and patterns
- Additional sounds and patterns available for download at Roland’s Axial sound library site
Questions on JD-Xi Hybrid Synthesizer Limited Edition (White)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Current draw: 1,000 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor, Microphone
- Width: 575 mm; 22- 11/16 inches
- Depth: 245 mm; 9- 11/16 inches
- Height: 85 mm; 3- 6/16 inches
- Weight: 2.2 kg; 4 lbs. 14 oz.