The Retro Mechanical Labs ‘Retro Clean OverdrivR’ is a combination Boost and Distortion/Overdrive Pedal. This pedal has two channels: Clean Boost and Overdrive/Distortion. The toggle switches between these two channels. Only one channel can be engaged at a time. An additional diode clipping mod has been added and is only available on the custom wooden boxes. Use the Retro Clean OverdrivR to drive tube amps! This pedal uses and has been tested to work with a 9 Volt DC center-negative power supply. A higher 12 Volt DC power supply will work with this pedal, but may affect the balance of the meter.
This is a clean boost pedal with an overdrive mode and tone control. It has an additional soft germanium clipping mod. Perfect for tube amps or any time you want to add an analog warmth to a signal when going directly into a mixer or DAW. We most recently added a “muff type tone sweep”. Tone can be bypassed. 1950s binding posts add to the vintage look, but also serve as panel grounds. Also new is the “gain in” knob. It reduces the input impedance so you can more easily balance the signal with a variety of instruments and pickups. Turning up the “gain in” will increase the signal volume and saturation/clipping points. Keep turned down for maximum clean signal.
- Output Level Control for each mode of operation
- Drive Level Control for Overdrive Channel Gain (Only works during overdrive mode)
- Toggle 1 Switch between Clean Boost and Overdrive Channels
- Toggle 2 Switch Diode Clipping On/Off – Works best when overdrive is cranked! (slight decrease in bass and volume when diode clip is engaged)
- Designed for Lead Instruments
- Use with Guitars and Keyboards
- 'Red Line' meters to show recommended minimum input signal
Questions on Retro Clean OverdrivR Pedal
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power: 9V DC Center Negative 150mA+ (Not Included)
- Hand Build and Wired in Portland Oregon
- Wood Box Enclosure
- Top Panel Size: 4.5” x 6”