The hotly anticipated OWL Modular will be released on 1 August 2015. The module incorporates a high performance programmable DSP core, stereo audio at up to 96kHz / 24bits, and CV controlled parameters.
Based on the highly successful OWL Pedal, the Modular makes use of the same patches while adding some truly modular features. Effects and synthesis as well as complex sequencing and triggering is all within its remit. Already the OWL patch library contains more than 70 effects, including phasers, flangers, delays, reverbs, distortion, compression, filters, shifters, screamers, laughers…
The OWL Modular is a fully programmable digital audio device. With a sophisticated ARM Cortex M4 processor and plenty of memory, it delivers outstanding performance and audio quality.
The platform is entirely open source and remarkably easy to program. A growing community of patch developers have created a diverse library of more than 70 effects, including phasers, flangers, delays, reverbs, distortion, compression, filters, shifters, screamers, laughers…
Based on the successful OWL Pedal, the Modular adds CV control and DC-coupled inputs and outputs, while retaining full patch compatibility.
- Polyglot DSP (C++, FAUST and Pure Data patches can run on the same device)
- Dynamic patch loading (no need to flash firmware)
- The same patch code runs on the device, VST plugin, or web browser
- Cross-platform DSP library, easy to use yet highly optimised
- Write code for a hardware DSP architecture in plain C/C++
- Open source platform and tool chain
- Easy to change and upload patches over USB
- Load patches from your computer via USB
- Collection of sample patches available and growing
- DC-coupled stereo in/out
- 3500 operations per sample at 24bits/48kHz
- 4 assignable pots
- 5 CV inputs
- Assignable pushbutton
- Gate in/out
To expand your patch library, visit http://hoxtonowl.com/patch-library/ for more open source downloads.
Questions on OWL Open Source DSP - 20HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 20 HP Width
- TBD Depth (Skiff Friendly)
- Current Draw: TBD @ ±12V