The OWL is an open source, programmable effects pedal made for guitarists, musicians, hackers and programmers alike. Users can program their own effects in C++, or download ready-made patches from our growing online patch library.
The OWL gives users the chance to implement their own bespoke DSP guitar effects and become part of an open-source DSP development community, and for those that don’t develop themselves there is a growing array of ready-made patches available for download in the patch library.
Using a provided C++ framework, applications can be easily developed, compiled and loaded to the on-board ARM Cortex M4 chip, allowing the user to change the function of the pedal without any hardware-specific knowledge.
With a minimum of coding and DSP knowledge, the OWL can become any kind of guitar effect that you can imagine, or a chain of unique effects. Alternatively, you could build a patch comprised of several DSP effects that you could switch between using one of the assignable pots on the pedal.
With a strong emphasis on open-source hardware and software, the OWL is also a good entry-point for those wishing to program their own audio algorithms, or for those wanting to learn more about DSP programming in general.
- Write code for a hardware DSP architecture in plain C/C++
- Open source platform and tool chain
- Easy to change and upload patches over USB
- Load patches from your computer via USB
- Collection of sample patches available and growing
- Same input/output characteristics as a standard guitar FX pedal
Questions on OWL Open Source Effects Pedal
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- The OWL is an open source, programmable effects pedal made for guitarists, musicians, hackers and programmers alike.