Guitar overdrive with unique synthy edge. High resonance filtering. Multiple control options. A totally new kind of effect.
The Air Traffic Controller mixes a Rainger FX optimum distortion circuit with a white noise 'hiss' generator, and sends the sound through a low pass filter. The cut-off frequency of the filter is controlled in three possible ways; by the envelope of the note (the volume), the pitch of the note, or in a random mode.
This gives variations ranging from a biting edgy funk tone, to airy whisps of sound (hence the name), from fusiony solo-ing with 'synth tracking' to dense shoe-gazy walls of distortion, guitar/electronic-percussion morphing... It's a hugely flexible palette of sounds that's never been possible before.
The white noise hiss mimics the dynamics of the guitar sound - loud at the start of the note, then dying away to total silence when the guitar does too. For a pedal with such a lot going on it's incredibly quiet when it should be.
'Distort' adjusts the amount of distortion, 'Air - Signal' controls the blend of guitar to white noise (ranging from only guitar to only white noise, and everything in between). 'Resonance' adjusts how noticeable the cut-off frequency is, while 'Level' decides the output volume.
The top panel has a three-way rotary knob for filter-controlling options, a 'DC in' socket, and a 'Hi/Lo' button to allow for whether your guitar is active or passive.
The runway landing lights display pattern runs when a signal is present.
- A whole new approach to 'synth' effects pedals
- Three different ways of controlling the filter
- Full, tonally-balanced distortion sounds
- Can do submarine 'pings'
- Keeps the underlying character and tone of your guitar
- Unmatched incredible sonic flexibility
- Hi/Lo button for adapting to high output guitars
- Fantastic for wide-ranging styles of music
- Extremely high volume available
- Runway landing lights in a moving pattern to ensure safe landing
Questions on Air Traffic Controller Overdrive
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Deeply cool 'contol panel' steel enclosure
- Powered by 9v battery or power supply unit
- True bypass hard wired footswitching