Kemper Profiler Head
The Profiler Head from Kemper, as its name suggests, a digital amplifier that can model essentially an infinite number of physical amps. This Profiling Head allows the guitar player to sculpt their particular sound, even if it is dependent on a specific amp tone.
To profile an amp is easy. Just insert a particular amp into the Kemper and press "record." It will send a series of test signals through the amplifier, and record them by a microphone in the front of the guitar cabinet. An A/B comparison mode allows one to double check the faithfulness of the model, which can be further adjusted with EQ or pedal models.
This unit is great for the touring musician, who would like to leave their prized tube amp at home, but still have the perfect tone.
Profiler Head Features
- The Stack: Amplifier Section, EQ Section, Cabinet Section
- The Effects: Virtual Stomp Boxes, External Effects, Master Section
- The Connections: Input Stage, Output Stage, Ground Lifts
- Amp Definition parameter determines whether the Profile leans more towards a vintage or modern character - increasing this parameter intensifies the touch response of the virtual tubes.
- Power Sagging parameter lets the tubes breathe with individual playing styles - damped strings will have more "chug," and clean picked notes will cut through better when the playing volume is reduced.
- Pick parameter controls the attack of the pick independently of the gain setting, even through heavy distortion.
- Amp Compressor will sustain the clean guitar when playing soft, but lets the distorted sound through, unprocessed, when reverting back to normal playing volume.
- Cabinet Voicing parameters provide access to the character of the cabinet - the size of the virtual cabinet can be changed, the bass resonance tuned, or the tonal character controlled in creative ways
Profiling Head Demo
Questions on Profiler Head Modeling Preamp BLACK
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS phone (front panel), 1 x XLR Return , 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Return, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Alternate Input, 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Outputs: 2 x XLR Master, 2 x 1/4" TS phone Master, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Monitor, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Direct Out/Send, 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone headphone
- Other Connectors: 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Switch/Pedal, 1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B, 1 x RJ45 Network
- MIDI: 3 x 5-pin DIN In/Out/Thru
- Power Requirements: 100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 8.66 x 5.47" (48.3 x 22 x 13.9 cm)
- Weight: 11.02 lb (5.00 kg)