The Kemper Profiler Head from Kemper is, as its name suggests, a digital processor that profiles the way a particular guitar amplifier and cabinet function acoustically, and through capturing that information, is able to accurately reproduce the original tone of the amp with all of its details. The unit allows the guitar player to transfer his personal signature sound into a rack-mountable amplifier and summon the sounds up anytime, anywhere.
Profiling is done by simply inserting a particular tube amp into the Kemper Profiling Amplifier and pressing "record." Test signals are sent from the profiler amplifier back into the tube amp and recorded by the microphone in front of the guitar cabinet. A convenient and accurate A/B comparison mode is provided to make sure the profile accurately matches the original tone. That profile can then be played back from the Kemper and further adjusted with EQ, effects, and the included stomp pedal models.
The unit is especially useful for the touring musician. Now instead of carting around a heavy and perhaps rare or fragile vintage amp, the performer needs only to carry the rack-mountable unit that contains a multitude of profiles and settings that can be adjusted in real-time. It should be made clear that the Kemper Profiling Amplifier doesn't simply output a list of static digital amplifier reproductions, but rather creates a vivid, living, dynamic and multi-dimensional image of the existing tube amp.
The Remote: Designed to work seemlessly with the Profiler!
Profiler Remote is the quintessential foot controller for your Profiler. We’ve spent a tremendous amount of time to create a versatile and yet easy to operate floor board.
The tight integration in between Profiler and Remote allows you to control, administer and program without any knowledge about MIDI or delving through cryptic data sheets.
The large, illuminated display is designed to be looked at from a distance and Remote's housing is built like a tank. Just what the doctor orders for touring musicians on dark stages.
Five buttons allow you to directly access five different programs ("Rigs") and entire performance programs can be switched using a bank system. There are dedicated buttons to access the tuner, tap tempo in and enable the new, exclusive Looper Effect.
Remote connects via a single Ethernet cable to your Profiler. No extra power supply is required and the included cable is 7 meters long (21ft). Longer cables are possible as well.
Up to four continuous foot pedals can control multiple parameters inside your Profiler. Four buttons switch of stomps and effects. The programming required is easier to learn than putting a new contact into your cell phone. Click to choose, assign, done.
- The Stack: Amplifier Section, EQ Section, Cabinet Section
- The Effects: Virtual Stomp Boxes, External Effects, Master Section
- The Connections: Input Stage, Output Stage, Ground Lifts
- Amp Definition parameter determines whether the Profile leans more towards a vintage or modern character - increasing this parameter intensifies the touch response of the virtual tubes.
- Power Sagging parameter lets the tubes breathe with individual playing styles - damped strings will have more "chug," and clean picked notes will cut through better when the playing volume is reduced.
- Pick parameter controls the attack of the pick independently of the gain setting, even through heavy distortion.
- Amp Compressor will sustain the clean guitar when playing soft, but lets the distorted sound through, unprocessed, when reverting back to normal playing volume.
- Cabinet Voicing parameters provide access to the character of the cabinet - the size of the virtual cabinet can be changed, the bass resonance tuned, or the tonal character controlled in creative ways
- Profiler REMOTE included!
Questions on Profiler Head Modeling Preamp & Remote (BLACK)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS phone (front panel), 1 x XLR Return , 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Return, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone Alternate Input, 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Outputs: 2 x XLR Master, 2 x 1/4" TS phone Master, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Monitor, 1 x 1/4" TS phone Direct Out/Send, 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF, 1 x 1/4" TRS phone headphone
- Other Connectors: 2 x 1/4" TRS phone Switch/Pedal, 1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B, 1 x RJ45 Network
- MIDI: 3 x 5-pin DIN In/Out/Thru
- Power Requirements: 100~240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 8.66 x 5.47" (48.3 x 22 x 13.9 cm)
- Weight: 11.02 lb (5.00 kg)