Atlas is a USB multi-track audio interface for personal recording and sound production, for professional musicians, songwriters, engineers and producers as well as recording studios, post production facilities and scoring stages. Atlas is ideal for music and sound recording, mixing, multitracking, overdubbing, stem-based mastering, analogue summing and critical listening applications.
Atlas provides Prism Sound's renowned performance, sound quality and state-of-the-art clock technology in a dedicated unit compatible with both Windows (Vista, 7 and 8, 32 and 64 bit, ASIO as well as MAC OS X 10.4.11 and later (Intel). Once configured with a computer, Atlas can also operate stand-alone using its ADAT, S/PDIF or AES3 I/O.
Multichannel Digital Input and Output (MDIO) expansion
As well as the built-in inputs and outputs Atlas can accommodate other optional digital interfaces such as Pro Tools | HDX and AES3 multichannel options through its MDIO expansion slot. This flexibility makes Atlas perfectly suitable for the home, native or project studio as well as larger multitracking facilities by seamless, reliable integration with the industry standard platforms. The MDIO expansion means Atlas is future-proof allowing further digital interface options to be developed and available such as Thunderbolt (to be confirmed).
No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
Atlas makes no compromises on audio quality. It is the result of years of research and development into digital audio conversion and extensive dialogue with Prism Sound's customers.
Standards compliant USB interface
Prism Sound has taken on board the increasing importance of native processing power for professional users and the fact that software products for standard PC and Mac platforms have been greatly enhanced in recent years. Atlas uses a USB2 interface. This is a UAC2 (USB Audio Class 2) interface supported natively in Mac, iPad, Linux and Android, and in Windows via a driver.
Flexible Inputs and Outputs
Atlas offers eight analogue recording channels, eight monitoring outputs, stereo digital input and output on a phono connector plus concurrent optical digital I/O ports that can interface to S/PDIF or ADAT data formats, giving Atlas a maximum capability of 18 concurrent input and output channels plus stereo headphones.
- Ideal for music and sound recording, mixing, multitracking, overdubbing, stem-based mastering, analogue summing and critical listening applications.
- Provides Prism Sound's renowned performance, sound quality and state-of-the-art clock technology for both Windows and Mac OSX
- Reliable integration with the industry standard platforms.
- Future-proof: allowing further digital interface options to be developed and available such as Thunderbolt (to be confirmed).
- Atlas uses a USB2 interface for natively supporting Mac, iPad, Linux and Android, and Windows via a driver.
Questions on Atlas 8 CH Audio Interface
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 8x analogue I/O (switchable mic/line/instrument modes)
- 8x high-grade mic pres
- 2x high impedance, instrument inputs
- MDIO slot for optional digital interfaces (initially Pro Tools HDX and AES)
- Optical I/O (with ADAT, ADAT S/MUX or TOSLINK functionality)
- Stereo digital I/O (S/PDIF or AES)
- MIDI I/O
- Wordclock I/O
- 2x Headphone outputs (sharing a single stereo bus)
- Ethernet port (for future potential AVB and networking integration)
- USB 2.0 host
- 192kHz, 24bit
- Latest award-winning Prism Sound CleverClox clocking technology
- Mac OS X and Windows compatible
- Digitally controlled gain, fully balanced analogue signal path
- 55dB of gain in 1dB steps
- Incredibly transparent:
- 0.00016% THD (+10dB gain: -116db @ -0.1dBFS)
- 0.00040% THD+N (+10dB gain: -108dB @ -0.1dBFS)
- ±0.05 gain accuracy
- Switchable phantom power, 20dB pad, Overkiller soft limiter, phase, high-pass and RIAA filter on all mic inputs
- Mid and Side encoder on all mic input pairs
- Line input functionality