The new Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Micro optical compressor is a new leap forward in musical alchemy: turning your tone into gold with one switch, four knobs, and standard 9V power.
The Philospher's Tone Micro is an adaptation of the praised original Philosopher's tone, taking many of the original features and making them even more accessible in a micro housing that runs on standard 9V pedal power. You're probably thinking: "9V?! Where's the headroom?" Worry not...internal 18V power rails keep clean headroom at a maximum.
Still based around optical compression (no CA3080 in here), the Philosopher's Tone Micro offers smooth, organic response. Also like the original, the Philosopher's Tone Micro features a "blend" knob that easily enables parallel compression, combining your input signal with the compressed signal for better retention of picking dynamics and other nuances often lost in compression. The Treble knob still offers up to 6dB of boost or cut at around 2kHz for control of presence. And of course, the Philosopher's Tone Micro features true bypass switching.
The Philosopher's Tone Micro is further evidence that Pigtronix has unraveled the mysical art of using minimal means to create a pedal that is more than the sum of its parts: tonal alchemy.
- Optical compression for smooth response
- Operates on standard 9V pedal power
- Internal 18V power rails ensure maximum clean headroom
- Blend knob for easy and effective parallel compression
- Treble knob offers control over presence
- Micro size fits into the smallest gaps on your pedalboard
Questions on Philosopher's Tone Micro Compressor
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power: 9VDC center-negative
- Current draw: 35 mA
- Dimensions: 3.75" x 1.5" x 1.75"