Phenol is a new type of electronic instrument from Kilpatrick Audio. Inspired by modular synthesizers, Phenol offers the creative potential, sound and hands-on experience of a modular synth, in a sleek, compact and affordable package. And best of all, Phenol is 100% compatible with modular systems because it uses the same voltages and banana connectors as the Kilpatrick Format and similar modular synthesizers.
Shown above is the first prototype of Phenol. This is the first time Kilpatrick Audio has shown a prototype or announced a product prior to availability. But Phenol is not just another module. It's an entirely new instrument with expensive development challenges.
Whether you already love modular synthesizers and want a smaller instrument for portability, or whether you've heard about modular synths and want to get your feet wet, Phenol offers an amazing instrument at a great price.
The UTL-1 is a passive bi-directional Banana Jack 1/8″ (3.5mm) and Banana Jack format jumbler. Perfect for converting your Phenol and other bananajack synthesizers across to Eurorack and vice versa.
The UTL-1 comes in handy when interfacing different modular systems together. Just connect the ground jack (black jack located on the side of of the UTL) to the Ground jack on the back of the Phenol and you’re ready to go!
- Banana patch system with colour-coded jacks and voltages compatible with Kilpatrick Format and other modular systems
- Two analog VCOs - triangle, ramp and pulse outputs
- Two analog filters (low pass and high pass)
- Two analog VCAs with level control
- Two envelope generator / LFO combos with many unique features
- An LFO with sine and random output
- Internal MIDI to CV converter with DIN and USB MIDI interfaces
- Compact mixer with digital delay with over 330ms of delay time
- Digital pulse divider - divide MIDI clock or LFO output to create 4 musical time divisions
- Buffered mixer / mult / inverter with level control
- External audio input allows a stereo input to be patched like an oscillator signal - process your drum machine or other source through the system
Questions on Phenol Patchable Analog Synthesizer + UTL-1 Converter Box
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Approx. dimensions: 15.8"W x 8.8"L x 2.5"H (including feet and knobs)
- Universal input power supply (100-240V) included (shipped with North American plug)
- Designed and made in Canada using high quality parts