The nw2s 'nw2s::io Unbalanced Version' lets Eurorack Modular users integrate modular systems within studios just as if they were another well-behaved piece of rack gear.
The nw2s::io is available either electronically balanced or passively unbalanced. Both versions provide 16 channels of i/o on 3.5mm tip-sleeve modular and TRS DB-25 Tascam-format in only 10HP.
To match studio levels, the balanced module provides 6dB gain reduction for audio from the 3.5mm jacks to the balanced DB-25. When routing in from the DB-25 to the 3.5mm jacks, the signal is increased by 6dB. This will keep the modular system from clipping most line-level inputs and provides extra gain when bringing studio signals into the modular system.
The balanced version uses high-quality line drivers and receivers from THAT Corp which are individually laser trimmed to provide the best common-mode rejection and that run on a dedicated on-board high voltage power rail for headroom far above any signal that even modular systems can generate.
The unbalanced version similarly provides a 6dB gain reduction for taming the signal path into the DB-25, but provides no additional gain returning into the modular. The passive conversion won't color the sound or limit headroom at all.
An optional rear-routed cable allows users to route signals behind the rack as well. Note that there is currently no rear panel option, as any rear mount will be a custom solution. If users want to connect directly to another device such as a multi-channel ADC/DAC that is mounted directly below the eurorack system, users can get the 24″ version with male connectors. Otherwise, users will likely want either the 6″ or 24″ cable with female connector.
Since both versions of the nw2s::io are DC coupled, it also works great as a CV/gate interface as well.
- nw2s::io Unbalanced Version
- Unbalanced Line Transceiver Eurorack Module
- While artists working in studios and regularly interfacing with pro-audio gear will prefer the robustness of a balanced output, not everyone will require it
- Some users appreciate the improved workflow and concise cabling without the cost of a fully balanced circuit
- The Unbalanced version uses a passive circuit to convert the Unbalanced Modular Signals to a DB-25 and vise-versa
- When converting from Balanced to Unbalanced, Pin 2 (hot) is used, while Pin 3 (cold) is left unconnected (Pin 1 is connected to ground)
- Note: Will not work for Transformer Balanced Outputs (This is rare, so if user gear uses Transformer Balanced Outputs, refer to the Balanced Version of the nw2s::io)
- Record directly to user DAW at optimal levels
- Record Rich Patches with Minimum Hardware
- Integrate Pro Audio Gear into User Patches
- Treat the Modular as a Hardware Insert for user DAWs
- Interface CV with user DAWs at the highest quality
Questions on nw2s::io (UNBALANCED) - 10HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- 10 HP Width
- 38mm Depth
- Current Draw: 20mA @ +12V, 5mA @ -12V