The Novation ZeRO SL Mk II Controller is a full DAW and plug-in control surface for live sound and studio use with visual feedback for all control information. A giant 144-character display, backlit LED buttons, and LED ringed encoders show the status of all controls. The groundbreaking Automap 3 PRO software gives you ultra-quick mapping of all 56 knobs, faders and buttons.
ZeRO SL Mk II controller upholds Novation's reputation for building quality hardware. It can be mounted in a 19" rack, or used as a desk-top controller, or angled for performance using legs that are included with the unit. Quality is not just reflected in their robustness, but more importantly in the way the ZeRO SL Mk II has been designed with every detail calculated to maximize workflow. The ZeRO SL Mk II's visually feeds back all controller information to the user with back lit buttons and encoder LED rings, making it absolutely ideal for live performances where parameters need to be identified instantly.
ZeRO SL Mk II has a giant 144-character ultra-bright LCD screen that displays all the parameter names and values for the currently selected row of controllers. All 8 faders and 16 knobs are touch sensitive, so the moment one is touched, the display shows the names and values on that row and puts brackets around the controller that is currently being touched. This enables the user to see which parameter is assigned to the controller without having to change the value, or refer to their software. ZeRO SL Mk II also has a dedicated 'Speed Dial' knob, which can be used to change the value of any parameter the cursor is positioned over without making any assignments whatsoever.
The 8 continuous rotary encoders have 11 segment LED rings around each of them, allowing encoders to behave like pots so the user can see the value before moving them. All the buttons have LEDs underneath them so users can instantly see their status without having to press them. There are 8 soft-feel drum pads which are fully assignable to any parameter with the Automap softwareâ€¨â€¨.
ZeRO SL Mk II has been designed to draw minimum current so it can be used as a USB buss-powered device, although an optional 9V DC power supply can be added for stand-alone use. As well as USB interfacing, ZeRO SL Mk II has 1 MIDI in, 1 MIDI thru and 2 MIDI outs.
The power behind the ZeRO's unique ability to map controllers at the touch of a button, is contained within the included Automap software. Automap 3 PRO enables users to map controllers with incredible speed and ease—no more digging through MIDI continuous controller numbers, the Automap server takes care of it all. Automap's GUI gives the user a visual representation of all the current mappings on screen, as well as the ability to save and manage mappings across different projects. There is also an option to only bring up the GUI when a controller on the ZeRO has been touched!
Zero SL Mk II comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders and pots and other controllers.
A touch-sensitive rotary encoder that instantly takes control of whatever your mouse is focused on, providing real time access for composers and performers alike.
ZeRO SL Mk II has a fully assignable crossfader making it ideal for Live performance with programmes such as Ableton
Automap is a bit of software that enables you to assign parameters in your sequencer and plug-ins with incredible speed and ease, to the buttons, knobs, faders and other controllers on your Novation SL or Nocturn.
For many plug-ins, Automap enables you to simply touch the controller, click on the parameter and its assigned! Novation controllers also provide instant and comprehensive control over all major sequencers—Automap even allows you to instantly assign almost any QWERTY or ASCII keyboard shortcut to buttons and other controllers on the hardware: So you can open and close windows, jump to locators in your DAW and make edits without touching the mouse or keyboard!
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback
- Giant 144-character LCD screen
- Huge array of touch-sensitive controls
- Automap Control Software
- MIDI control interface
- Novation's unique 'speed dial'
- Programmable 'soft-feel' drumpads
- Dedicated, yet fully-assignable transport buttons
- USB buss powering
- Includes the Xcite+ bundle
- Intelligent control over all sequencers and VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins
- Heads-up transparent control GUI
- Instant 'learn' function
- Keystroke Assignments
- Innovative MIDI support within Automap
- Plug-in and Mixer Browser
- Autoview Mode
Xcite+ bundle ships free with 61SL Mk II and consists of the following
- Ableton Live 7 Lite software (DAW)
- 502MB of Mike the drummer drum loops—Quality live drum loops
- Novation Bass-station synth
- Loopmasters Samples library consisting of 1GB of royalty free samples
Questions on ZeRO SL MkII MIDI Controller
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 60mm Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial (as on Nocturn)
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
- 1 Automap button with LED to toggle Automap mode on and off (this replaces the PLAY button)—this way, manual MIDI mode is separate from Automap mode and can be avoided completely if preferred
- Template and Edit modes have been combined into one edit mode, for editing both individual controls and overall settings within one Template
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX — Not Class Compliant
- MIDI: MIDI ONE: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI TWO: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x ¼ " Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x ¼" Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USB
- 1.48kg / unit
- (W x H x D): 17.51" x 2.68 " x 7.87 ", (445 x 68 x 200 mm)
- Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard and Snow Leopard (32-bit kernel only) also supported)
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 and Windows 7 32/64 also supported)
- Mac - G4/1GHz with 256MB RAM
- PC - Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)