The Novation Dicer Cue Point & Looping DJ Controller is a compact, surface mounted control surface for use with Serato Scratch, and other DJ software titles. Dicer lets DJs easily trigger cue points, loop points, samples and much more. Easy to use controls illuminate in red, green and orange to indicate Serato's Hot-Cue, Loop Roll and Auto-Loop modes.
The Dicer is designed to corner-mount into the 45-adapter slot found on the Technics SL-1200 and SL-1210, leaving the controls within inches of the software control vinyl. Novation includes a "DJ Putty" adhesive for mounting the Dicer onto CD-decks, laptops and other flat surfaces. With the Novation Dicer, DJs can enjoy quick looping and triggering without touching their laptops, or investing in bulky hardware.
Scratch Live is so much more than mixing digital music. Its creative features such as cueing and looping, take DJ performance to a totally new level. Dicer unlocks these features by putting them right at your fingertips while you're mixing. Dicer's 3 "mode" buttons allow you to jump between 3 different performance modes.
Dicer fixes solidly to Technics 1200/1210 turntables. An attachment enables you to drop them into the 45-adapter slot so they sit squarely in the corner of the turntable. Dicer also comes with re-usable "DJ Putty" that will stick Dicer firmly to CDJs, laptops, mixers - or any hard surface. The putty is strong enough to withstand tough treatment, so even with more vigorous performances Dicer will stay exactly where you put it.
Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including "Hot Cues", "Auto Roll" and "Loop Roll".
In Serato Scratch Live, as well as the three main modes, there are 2 additional "layers" of the 5 pads, on which you can control other functions in your software (a total of 20 controls across a pair of Dicers).
Although Dicer has been designed to integrate with Serato, it also works with other DJ software. Setup files for Traktor Scratch and Traktor Scratch Pro are available online. These files assign Dicer's controls to various functions, including Cueing, Play/Stop, Looping, FX and browsing. For other DJ Software, you can use the software's own MIDI mapping function. A pair of Dicers give you a total of 60 MIDI controls.
Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- 5 Backlit "dice" pads provide LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live, lighting up red, green or amber to show what mode they are in
- Modes include: Hot Cues, Loop Roll, and Auto Loop
- Dicer is fully integrated with the key cue point and looping features of Serato Scratch Live
- The Dicer mounting adapter is easily removed with a small coin or screwdriver. This allows it to fit snugly into the 45 adapter hole of the Technics 1200 or be securely fastened to any flat surface using the Novation DJ putty provided
Questions on Dicer Digital DJ Controller
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Micro USB 1.1 connector; the most robust and compact USB connection
- Kensington lock space
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting pairs
- 5 large round multi-color back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 small round multi-color back-lit function buttons
- Fully integrated operation with Serato Scratch Live requires version 2.1 or higher
- Outside of Serato Scratch Live, Dicer operates as a standard MIDI device. For some DJ software, setup files will be required and are available to download
- Single unboxed unit (Dicer always comes as a pair):
- 90mm/3.5"; H = 13mm/0.5"
- 72g/0.16 lb.