Mutable Instruments Veils
One cannot have enough VCAs in a Modular synthesizer. Mutable Instruments have released a compact Quad VCA for all volume controlling needs. Each of the inputs are DC coupled, to allow the volumes of CV signals as well as audio rate signals to be voltage controlled. The outputs are also chained together to provide a mixed output out of the 4th channel. Once a cable is patched into its VCA's output, it is removed from the summed output, allowing one to use it as four independent VCAs. There is also a knob for shaping the curve response of the VCA, from Linear to Exponential. The CV control of each channel can accept audio rate modulation, giving one access to something similar to ring modulation. If one needs to boost signals to modular level, the exponential gain range can boost up to +20dB, providing one plenty of room for amplification. It is time to open the Veils, and let more music through.
- 4 Channel VCA
- Knob for changing VCAs from Linear to Exponential curves
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
- Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
- Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB).
- Gain range: 2 (+6dB) in linear operation, 10 (+20dB) in exponential operation.
Questions on Veils Quad VCA - 12HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 12HP
- Depth: 10mm
- Current Draw: 70mA@+12V, 70mA@-12V, 0mA@5V