Mutable Instruments Shades
Shades from Mutable Instruments gives you three channels of audio / CV processing that can be used as either active attenuators or attenuverters. Each channel has a bicolor LED that monitors the polarity and the intensity of the signal on that channel. When an input is left unconnected, the input is normalized to an internal precision voltage reference at either +5V or +10V. The normalization on the outputs allows the module to be used either as a mixer or as an offset generator - when an output is left unconnected, the signal from this output is summed into the next output. When you combine this with the internal voltage reference, it allows for the module to be used as a CV offset control!
- Three Channels of attenuverters/active attenuators.
- Cascading inputs for complex mixing/offsetting applications.
- Switches between bipolar and unipolar signal types.
- When output 1 is left unconnected, the signal on output 2 is the sum of channels 1 and 2. Channel 3 can be used for another purpose (attenuation, attenuversion, or constant CV generation).
- When output 1 and 2 are left unconnected, the signal on output 3 is the sum of channels 1, 2 and 3.
- Leave channel 1′s input and output unconnected, and connect a CV source to channel 2′s input. Channel 2′s output will contain a scaled and offset copy of the input CV. Channel 1′s level knob will control the offset and channel 2′s level knob will control the signal scale and polarity.
Questions on Shades 3 CH Attenuverter Attenuator - 6HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Input impedance: 100k.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- Low-distortion audio op-amps (LME49720) and thin film 0.1% resistors improve transparency in audio mixing applications, and allow exact unitary gains for precision addition of pitch CV signals.
- Current consumption: +/-12V: 15mA.