MOTU UltraLite AVB 18x18 USB/AVB
The MOTU UltraLite AVB boasts both USB 2.0 and AVB Ethernet connectivity, with sample rates up to 192kHz and extensive I/O options, including dual mic inputs, two hi-Z guitar ins, six line-level inputs, eight outputs, MIDI I/O, AD I/O, and a headphone output.
The AVB is ideal for ether studio or stage environments and can be used independently of a computer, lending another advantage to its compact size. In addition to interface duties, the AVB can also be used as a standalone mixer. When in this mode, the AVB provides 18 individual ins and outs. But that’s far from all, folks. Live inputs can be processed via on-board 48-channel mixer, with absolutely zero latency or processing strain imparted on the host computer. From there, incoming signals can be processed through powerful DSP effects consisting of reverb, a 4-band parametric EQ, compressor, and gating.
When used as a portable standalone mixer, the AVB is capable of connecting to an Apple Airport or another WiFi router via Ethernet cable, allowing it to be controlled from a tablet or smartphone for added convenience.
UltraLite AVB 18x18 USB/AVB Features
- 18 x 18 USB/AVB audio interface with 36 simultaneous audio channels — 2 mic inputs, 2 guitar inputs, 6 line inputs, 8 line outputs, headphone out and 8-channel optical I/O for 18 inputs and 18 outputs.
- Best-in-class audio quality — 117 dB dynamic range on analog outputs represents best-in-class analog audio performance for mobile recording.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 group sends, access to 32 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control — Connect an Apple® Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to your computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
- Web app control from any device — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
- System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao, etc.) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
- AudioDesk — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.