This feature filled analog stereo filter tracker with sequencer and FX begs for hands on live action!
The JoMoX Moonwind is a true analog stereo filter with built-in step sequencer, a fantastic sounding digital FX chip, two LFOs and envelope modulation. Everything can be stored and is controllable via MIDI. The sequencer can record the cutoff frequency , Q and resonance per step and per filter and turn this stereo filter with analog feedbacks into a creative instrument.
The filters are low-noise multimode filters (lowpass, highpass, notch and high pass) based on OTAs. Cutoff frequency, resonance and Q can be set individually for each filter and each can be modulated by an own MIDI syncable LFO with a number of wave forms. An analog envelope follower extracts an envelope from the audio signal and modulates the cutoff with separate modulation intensity controls per filter. the filters can be linked stereo, parallel, serial or in feedback mode.
In addition to the digital effect chip with 15 algorithms like chorus, flanger, reverb, delay and some wicked programs. Each effect algorithm has three parameters. An analog feedback allows for tape delay effects or wave guides. A noise generator is incuded, too.
The step sequencer can record the Cutoff, Q and Res seperately per step and filte. A pattern can be maximum 64 steps long; maximum 16 steps per bar (then max. 4 bars), bars can be dynamically set according to the number of steps per bar. Clock divider can resolve max. 32th per bar. Record/undo function to record filter trails by the rotary knobs. Of course you can synchronize the sequencer to MIDI clock, you even can play the cutoff with MIDI notes and control other parameters with CCs. A 2x24 digit display helps to use the Moonwind.
Two real analog low noise multimode filters
- OTA technology *
- Per filter Q (narrowness) and Resonance are separately adjustable **
- Per filter the shapes lowpass, highpass, bandpass and notch are assignable
- The filters are connectable among each other ***
- Per filter there is one LFO which controls the cutoff ****
- Per filter there is envelope amount, the envelope is created from the audio with an analog envelope follower
- Inputs are Hi-Z and can amplify guitar or bass signals directly
- Digital effects chip with 15 algorithms
- Analog FX Feedback in order to create tape delays and wave guides
- Three parameters per FX algorithm
- The effects programs include chorus, flanger, tremolo, reverb, delay and some more exiting programs
- Eight effects programs can be reloaded by OS update later on
- Built-in noise generator
- Sequencer can record Cutoff, Q and Res seperately per step and filter
- Maximum 64 steps per pattern
- Maximum 16 steps per bar (then max. 4 bars), bars can be dynamically set according to the number of steps per bar
- Clock divider can resolve max. 32th per bar
- Record/undo function to record filter trails by the rotary knobs
- Sequencer and LFOs are midi clock synchronizeable
- Midi notes control the cutoff of the filters, CCs the rest of parameters
- Cutoff, Q and Resonance are made as classical potentiometers
- Stable metal axis potentiometers and encoders with axle bearings
- 2x24 character LCD display
- OS is updateable by Midi
* Operational Transconductance Amplifier, i.e. it is no transistor ladder (Moog filter) as in the T-Resonator. Therefore excellent vibrational performance across the entire audio range from 10Hz-30kHz is provided.
** If Resonance=0, then Q=max creates an extremely narrow-banded filter without getting into self-resonance (sine wave oscillation). If Resonance>0, then also Q>0 has to be set to make the filter resonate.
*** Stereo, Parallel (both filters mixed to mono), Serial (both filters in a line), Feedback (a part of the output signal is cross-wise fed back into the other filter and vice-versa) and Feedback Parallel ( the same as feedback, only that both sides are mixed together)
**** LFO waveforms are: sawtooth up, sawtooth down, triangle, sine, rectangle 50/50%, rectangle 12.5/87.5%, rectangle 25/75%, rectangle 75/25%, rectangle 87.5/12.5%.
Questions on Moonwind Stereo Analog Filter Tracker
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
Inputs and Outputs
- Audio: inputs L(mono) & R
- Aux inputs L(mono) & R
- Outputs L&R
- All Audio Ins/Outs are 1/4" TS
- MIDI: In, Out and Thru
Measures and Weight
- Desktop unit in a metal housing
- Dimensions: 32 x 19 x 8.5cm
- Weight: 2.2kg
- External Wall Wart
- 10.5V AC