The MOOG Theremini is designed for practice, studio recording, and live performance. The instrument is played without physical contact by using hand gestures to change volume and pitch by controlling the distance to the device's antennas.
To assist in learning to play the instrument, the Theremin features a built-in tuner that allows you to see what note you are playing and whether the note is sharp, flat, or in tune. A 0 to 100% assistive pitch correction knob allows you to adjust the playing difficulty level of the device by automatically keeping the sound in pitch to a user-defined scale or root note. At 100%, the assistive pitch correction will make it impossible to play a wrong note. At 0%, no pitch correction will be applied. The tuner and assistive pitch correction functions can be used in conjunction to educate the performer on the range of the instrument and develop proper playing technique.
Additional controls include a preset knob that provides 32 wavetable-based sounds, root and scale buttons for selecting a scale and root note, controls for setting and recalling a playing range, and a variable stereo ping-pong delay for individual presets.
For listening, the unit includes a front-panel 1/8" stereo headphone jack with a volume control, as well as a built-in speaker that is muted whenever the headphone jack is engaged. Two 1/4" audio outputs enable connection to an audio interface, mixer, or other equipment for studio recording or live performance. A single-pitch CV output with selectable range enables external connection to a sequencer or synthesizer using a control voltage signal, and a USB Mini port allows the device to communicate with other devices over MIDI.
The unit's pitch antenna can be removed and placed in a built-in storage compartment on the bottom of the device. Integrated rubberized feet prevent the unit from slipping on the playing surface, and a built-in 3/8" microphone stand connector allows you to put the instrument on a stand. Alternatively, you can use the included camera stand adaptor for placing the unit on a tripod. An amplifier, case, and stand are available sold separately.
Theremini Advanced Software Editor Now Available For MAC & PC
Unlock your Theremini's unseen world of sonic possibilites with the Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor. This editor puts the power of sound design in your hands by allowing you to access new layers of the Theremini's synthesis engine. Easily craft new and exciting sounds for your Moog Theremini, re-sculpt existing presets, and share your sonic creations with others. The Moog Theremini Advanced Software Editor also includes an exclusive library of new presets to kick-start your creative process.
The Theremini Advanced Software Editor is a free download for registered owners.
- Volume Knob
- Controls headphone output volume or built-in speaker volume depending on whether headphones are connected
- Pitch Bias Knob
- Determines the amount of pitch correction applied from 0% to 100%
- Scale Button
- Selects from a list of pre-programmed scales
- Root Button
- Selects the root note to be used in a scale
- Setup Button
- Provides access to the setup menu so that the device's functions can be calibrated and doubles as a shift key
- Delay Length Button
- Selects the length of the delay from short, medium, long, and off
- Delay Amount Knob
- Controls the amount of delay mixed with the unprocessed signal
- Preset Knob
- Selects the preset to be played from the built-in collection of 32 Wavetable presets
- Pitch Correction with Selectable Scales
- Built-In Tuner For Learning Pitch
- 32 Wavetable-Based Presets
- Built-In Speaker and Two 1/4" Outputs
- Single-Pitch CV Output W/ Range
- Adjustable Stereo Ping-Pong Delay
- User-Selectable Scale and Root Note
- User-Selectable Range: High and Low Note
- Removable Pitch Antenna
- 3/8" Mic Stand and Camera Stand Adapter
- Theremini Advanced Software Editor included
Questions on Theremini Wavetable Theremin
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- LCD Screen: 128 x 64 pixel LCD with White Backlight
- Headphone Jack: 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS headphone jack
- Audio Output: Left: line level 1/4" unbalanced TS
- Right: line level 1/4" unbalanced TS
- CV In/Out Controls: 1/4" TS 0 to 5 V or 0 to 10 V selectable
- USB: Mini USB 2.0 high speed for USB MIDI
- Security: Kensington lock slot
- Power Control: Push on/Push off
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC / 1.2 A from 100 to 240 VAC external supply (included)
- Dimensions (L x D x H): With antenna: 22.75 x 6.5 x 15" (57.79 x 16.5 x 38.10 cm)
- Without Antenna: 22.75 x 6.5 x 4" (57.79 x 16.5 x 10.16 cm)
- Weight: 3.0 lb (1.4 kg)