The Korg monotron DELAY is an extremely compact analog ribbon synthesizer with a live, ready-to-be tweaked front panel providind five knobs and one switch. Its Space Delay provides users echo effects that harken back to the early days of the synthesizer, and its simple functionality and ease will inspire hours of enjoyment and musical experimentation.
Casual users and people who love to tinker with gadgets will find it easy to enjoy producing melodies with a simple knob tweak and tapping along the keyboard section. DJs and established musicians can also utilize the monotron DELAY to add some dazzling sound effects or pump some analog power into their performance. The possibilities are virtually limitless.
Classic Analog Synth / Space Delay Combination
A quality delay was an integral part of the classic analog synthesizer sound. More often than not, that delay would come from a tape-style echo machine until economical digital delays were available. The monotron DELAY is an analog synthesizer optimized for sound effects. On top of its analog oscillator, filter, and LFO, it also offers a Space Delay that's essential for swooping, cosmic sounds. The monotron DELAY even reproduces the pitch changes that happen when the delay time is varied, just as if an analog tape echo were being used. As with the filter, the delay effect can be utilized for any external sound via the Aux In jack. This fat and warm delay will enhance your analog sounds with and authentic edge.
The Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO) waveform used to modulate the pitch now provides a choice of waveshapes – a new square wave plus the traditional triangle wave. Both the Rate (Speed) and the Intensity (Depth) can be changed separately. In addition, a trimpot on the back panel can continuously change the shape/direction of the triangle wave or the pulse-width of the square wave to deliver even more versatility. Used in tandem with the delay, the LFO can generate dazzling effects and provide distinctive possibilities for embellishing songs.
Wide-Range Ribbon Keyboard
The monotron DELAY's ribbon controller keyboard boats a wide, four-octave range. This design enables the pitch to be controlled even more aggressively and dynamically, making the monotron DELAY an excellent weapon for a DJ to get the floor moving with irresistible sound. The reversed white keys and body adornments glow under a black light, which makes the monotron DELAY perfect for delivering a striking visual presence in nearly any club environment.
- Space Delay with Rate and Intensity controls offers analog-style echoes
- New Pitch LFO with selectable Waveshape and Intensity and shape controls
- VCF with Cutoff Control
- Wide-range ribbon controller keyboard
- Original Analog (VCF) Filter taken from the classic MS-10 & MS-20
- Aux input jack lets you apply filter and delay to any audio source
- Built-in speaker and battery power for "go anywhere" analog sound
- Headphone jack for private use
- Includes owner’s manual
Questions on Monotron Delay Analog Ribbon Synthesizer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Synthesizer structure: 1 VCO (Sawtooth Wave); 1 VCF; 1 LFO; DELAY
- Switch: Standby / LFO "triangle" Shape / LFO "square" Shape
- Knobs: LFO Rate, LFO Int., VCF Cutoff, DELAY Time, DELAY Feedback
- Rear Panel Trimpot: LFO Shape
- Controller: Wide Range Ribbon Controller
- Volume: Headphone Volume
- Aux Input: 1/8" stereo jack
- Headphone Output: 1/8" stereo jack
- Speaker: Miniature internal which is disabled when headphones are in use
- Power Supply: 2 AAA batteries included, recommended alkaline batteries
- Battery Life: Approximately 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 120mm x 72mm x 28mm / 4.72" x 2.83" x 1.10"
- Weight: 95g / 3.35 oz. (without batteries)
- very fun Review by Nawlege