Moog Minimoog Model D 2016
Legendary synthesizer maker Moog Music has resumed production of the Minimoog Model D, the first portable synthesizer that was the archetype for all electronic keyboards to follow. The instrument was used by artists such as Trent Reznor, Gary Numan, Dr. Dre, Keith Emerson, and Herbie Hancock, who have all shaped their own sounds and spawned new musical genres.
Each of these newly crafted Minimoog Model D instruments are handcrafted at Moog's employee-owned factory in Asheville, NC. Cased in an Appalachian hard wood, this monophonic 3 oscillator synthesizer has the exact component placement as the 1970's Minimoog Model D.
The Minimoog Model D's sound engine and audio signal path have remained the same, but the instrument now includes popular modern functions to expand its capabilities. The modifications include a Fatar keybed with velocity and aftertouch available via CV jacks, a dedicated analog LFO with both triangle and square waves, CV outputs for gate and pitch, basic MIDI integration, and a mixer overload function which allows the Minimoog Model D to have a thicker and more overdriven sound than ever before.
Minimoog Model D 2016 Features
- 3 vintage Moog oscillators
- Classic Moog low pass ladder filter with resonance
- Analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
- Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
- Military spec precision resistors
- Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators
- Classic thermoset, knurled pitch and mod wheels
- CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators)
- Modulation Modifications: analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
- Overload Modification: the output of the Minimoog Model D is automatically scaled and fed back to the External Audio Input for instantly available overdrive
- Improved circuit board connectors for touring reliability
- Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- MIDI in, out and thru
Questions on Minimoog Model D 2016
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Weight: 32lbs w/ PSU
- Shipping Weight: 43lbs
- Dims: 28.56”W x 17.13”D x 6”H