This is compact but hi-quality compressor. I used THAT4301 dynamics processor.
THAT 4301 Dynamics Processor, dubbed "THAT Analog Engine®", combines in a single IC all the active circuitry needed to construct a wide range of dynamics processors. The 4301 includes a high-performance, exponentially-controlled Blackmer® VCA, a log-responding RMS-level sensor and three general-purpose opamps.
Design is based on THAT Corp. design notes - Fully Adjustable Compressor / Limiter. This is a feedforward VCA compressor.
- Adjustable by potentiometers Treshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Makeup gain
- Reduction LED which lights when signal level exceeds treshold
- Treshold, Makeup, Attack and Release can be controlled by CV
- Hard/soft knee switch
- Two timing modes are available -- auto and manual. In auto mode attack and release rates are linked, and depend on the non-linear capacitor circuit. In manual mode, variable, independent adjustments of the attack and release dynamics are possible
- Peak or Automatic timing detector options
- Sidechain in to external sidechain processing
- Envelope out allows to patch any VCA as compressor
- Full reverse polarity protection
Questions on Stereo Microcompressor Compressor - 16HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Eurorack Module
- Width: 16HP
- Depth: about 1 inch
- Current Draw: 43mA @ +12V, 30mA @ -12V