The MBase11 does basically one thing, but it does it right - FAT kick drums! And it does this even better than Jomox's previous model, the MBase01. The MBase11 offers even better performance, more versatility and a fatter sound!
The MBase 11 generates ANALOG bass drums, from extremely powerful to soft and covers the whole range from 808 to 909 and much more. The LFO has 8 different waveforms including true sine that can be used to create very different envelopes. The resulting sounds are not simply *kicks*...this is a bass drum synthesizer. Like the XBASE 999/888, the MBase11 has a compression parameter to vary the thickness of decaying sound. And...it offers a variable gate time to to create very different sounding attacks. And...it also has a metalize parameter to have hundreds of variations on the attack noise.
For more intuitive editing, Jomox added an analog potentiometer that works alternatively to the parameter editing when scrolling the data wheel (too) hard. The MBase11 purposely sounds a bit different than the XBASE 999/888, making it a great sounding expansion for our other drum products and other analog percussion. The kick sets in very precisely and the attack sounds very snappy at all kinds of sound variations.
The MBase11 can also be used as a real bass with some limitations. If decay is cranked up it is long enough for tones and the pitch can be played on the keyboard in semitones over three octaves. The kick drum can be triggered by an external analog trigger input. This is especially useful for live drummers who want to thicken up their live drum kit. The trigger input works with regular piezo pickups or audio signals. Last but not least, one of the most convincing arguments for the MBase11 is the price. This is an inexpensive tool that helps you to create great kick sounds, without the time consuming searching associated with mostly unsatisfying samples. You save time and energy while reaching the sound quality you always imagined.
Tweak the sound you need. Everything is REAL.
- Tune: Varies the pitch envelope of the VCO
- Pitch: Basses as low as 10Hz reach up to 175Hz
- Decay: Up to 2 sec
- Harmonics: Enrichment of harmonics of the VCO - for the hardest kick drums on planet earth
- Pulse: Change of the pure pulse part of the attack - gate time affects this parameter also
- Noise: Change of the pure noise part of the attack - gate time affects this parameter also
- Attack: Level of the mixing of Pulse and Attack
- EQ: Filters the bass drum with a low pass filter - for soft and 808ish kick drums
- Gate: Varies the gate time from 0.1ms to 16ms
- Compr: Compression of decaying envelope - for slim and clicky kicks and all the depth that is needed
- MetNze: Metalized noise. A complex digital multitone pattern of 255 different combinations feeds the attack noise
- Identical to the controllers for XB09/X999/X888/AB/JB
- All parameters, including LFO, can be remotely controlled by MIDI
- Compatible with our MIDI editors and templates in the bass drum department
- Modulates pitch of the bass drum
- Speed can be edited in BPM or be synchronized by MIDI clock
- Can be synced by a note trigger or might run free
- One-shot LFO function that serves as an additional envelope.
- Waveforms: Saw up, Saw down, Sine +/- , Triangle +/-, and Rectangle +/-.
Questions on MBase 11 Bass Drum Module
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- 110 Presets (10 User RAM, 100 FLASH)
- Fully analog sound engine with storeable parameters
- Analog envelopes
- LFO has 8 waveforms: Saw +/-, Sine +/-, Tri +/-, Rect +/-, modulates the pitch, midi syncroniseable
- LED 7-segment 3 digit display
- Midi In, Midi Out
- User interface includes 1 data wheel, 1 potentiometer, 5 buttons, 16 LEDs for parameters and functions
- 1 mono out 1/4" RCA jack
- Output level - About 0dBu
- External analog trigger input, sensivity adjustable
- External wall wart 9V DC
- Weight - About 0.5 kg, 1.1lbs.
- Size - 145 x 155 x 35mm
- analog kick maker Review by m62