The MMA-4XR is a four channel audiophile microphone pre-amplifier offering the highest standards of performance. Design objectives included consistently good sound over the whole range of gain settings, a high level of transparency and ultra-low noise and distortion.
The MMA-4XR is designed for the discerning professional recording engineer. The microphone pre-amplifier is a critical component in the recording chain, as it must take a low-level signal from any of a wide range of transducers and amplify it so that it can be transmitted to a recording or distribution system without loss of information or introduction of noise. To meet today's requirements for quality, particularly driven by advanced digital media such as CD, DVD, SACD/DSD places huge demands on the preamplifier electronics. The MMA-4XR has been designed to meet these challenges.
The MMA-4XR is a pre-amplifier that can provide precise gain adjustment with minimal noise - it is designed to provide a very transparent signal path where the original signal from the microphone is perfectly preserved, whether it is a classic tube or modern design.
The MMA-4XR is a minimalist microphone preamplifier that has been designed to provide integrity and transparency. Consistent with this, each channel has only controls for gain (69dB in 3dB steps), phase invert, cut (mute) and 48V phantom power. The Phantom power circuit provides a higher-than usual level of current output - often a problem with inferior designs which can result in compromised microphone performance. An LED bargraph clearly shows signal level with conventional green, yellow and red colouring for highest levels. Output headroom extends to +28dBu. The MMA-4XR frequency response extends to more than 200kHz - well beyond the basic 20kHz audio band.
- Ultra-low noise & distortion
- Precision stepped gain controls from 9dB to +69dB (3dB steps)
- High-output switchable phantom power supply
- Phase reverse switch
- Cut switch
- Electronically balanced XLR input & output
- PPM bargraph meter on each channel
Questions on MMA-4XR 4 CH Mic Pre
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Frequency response (+0dB/-3dB): from <1Hz to >150kHz
- Maximum input level: >+20dBu
- Maximum output level (load > 600 ohm): >+29dBu
- E.I.N. gain >57dB (20-20kHz 150 Ohm source): <-129dBu
- E.I.N. gain >30dB (20-20kHz 150 Ohm source): <-126dBu
- E.I.N. gain >48dB (20-20kHz 0 Ohm source): <-134dBu
- E.I.N. gain >30dB (20-20kHz 0 Ohm source): <-128dBu
- Distortion (typical 1kHz 0-60dB gain >600 Ohm load): <0.0005%
- Distortion (worst case): <0.001%
- CMRR (50-20kHz 69dB gain): >125dB
- Slew Rate: >27V/us