Pittsburgh Modular has created a super portable patchable synth with the Lifeforms SV-1 Blackbox. This synth will satisfy all of your analog needs with two VCOs, state variable VCF, VCA, ADSR, LFO, noise, sample and hold, and mixer. You can play the Blackbox as a monosynth with midi or cv control, it even has a built in midi arpegiator with a few extra features like double triggering and random modes.
The oscillators on the SV-1 both have square, sine triangle and saw outputs, the first oscillator also has a "blade" wave that can be adjusted with cv to create modulating and phasing sounds, there is also PWM on the square wave ont this oscillator. Oscillator 1 also has sync. The LFO is simple with just square and triangle outputs. The mixer can be used as a single 4 channel mixer or dual 2 channel mixer. The tool section outputs a sub oscillator 1 and 2 octaves down as well as noise that is normaled to a sample and hold. The VCF has bandpass, lowpass and highpass outputs and a huge frequency knob for tweaking. When you turn the resonance up on the SV-1's filter it starts to scream and add a ton of character to the sound. The VCA has a manual as well as CV level control. There are 2 signal splitters and an output level attenuator with a headphone output jack.
This synth is normaled so that without plugging in any patch cables you can use it like a normal 2 osc mono synth. It does come with 6 patch cables so that you can change the routing to get different sounds, or turn it into a crazy noisy drone machine. A midi to 1/8" adaptor cable is included as well so you can plug in any midi din keyboard to control it. The SV-1 is a eurorack compatible module that could be mounted in any eurorack case, but this Blackbox version comes in a specially designed case with built in power supply so you don't have to worry about that.
- Midi input with arpeggiator and glide
- Midi clock to analog clock
- VCO1 sync, fm and PWM in, blade, pulse, saw, triangle, sine out
- VCO2 fm in square, saw, triangle, sine out
- Sub oscillator with -1 and -2 octaves
- VCF with lowpass, bandpass and highpass
- 4 input mixer, can be used as 2 2 input mixers
- ADSR envelope generator
- VCA with level control
- Noise and sample and hold
- 2 1 in 2 out splitters
- Output level control with line and headphone outputs
Questions on Lifeforms SV-1 Blackbox Synth Dual Oscillator Voice - 48HP
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Patch Cables: 6 Nazca Audio Brand braided patch cables
- 1/8" stereo jack to midi connector cable
- Black powder coat steel construction
- Aluminum faceplate with embedded graphics to prevent patch cord scratches
- Dimensions: 9 3/4" x 5 1/4" x 2 1/2"
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Power: 1.5A +15v DC power adapter