The Korg SQ-1 is a small but powerful step sequencer with 2 x 8 steps. It's array of connection jacks allows it to be linked up to the MS-20 and a variety of other synthesizers. Classic analog synths or the latest compact synths can be controlled right from this single unit. Users can also switch between a variety of synthesizer modes and use the step buttons to make performances overflowing with spontaneity, just like using a volca unit.
Be liberated from the numerically-bound parameter editing and menu diving that's typical on a DAW; users will enjoy truly musical inspiration as they train their ears and concentrate on what their fingertips are doing. Don't miss the experience of music that's driven by instinct.
- Connect and control the MS-20 and many other types of equipment
- SQ-1 supports the Hz/V standard, enabling it to perfectly control the MS-20 or MS-20 mini. It goes without saying the V/Oct standard is also supported, and the voltage level of the CV output (*) and polarity of the GATE output can be specified as appropriate for the device you've connected. This versatility will enable you to control a wide variety of other synthesizers as well.
- As a connector, the SQ-1 provides two CV/GATE OUT channels, the standard MIDI OUT and USB MIDI, and littleBits out (to connect to the littleBits synth kit by littleBits Electronics Inc.)
- SYNC IN/OUT channel that allows you to connect to the volca series and monotribe.
- Versatile sequencer modes: The SQ-1 provides two channels (A and B) of 8-step sequencer that can operate consecutively, or be used in a variety of other modes. For example, you can run A and B following each other to function as a 16-step sequencer, ignore the order and make the steps play randomly, or use A and B to control different parameters as they run in parallel. From simple sequences to complex changes, you can choose from a variety of modes to suit your needs.
- Step buttons inherited from the volca provide excellent improvisatory possibilities.
- The 2 x 8 step buttons can be used in the usual way to turn notes on/off, but you can also use the MODE button to switch their function, opening up powerful possibilities such as letting you “perform” the sequence itself, as on a volca unit.
- “Active Step” lets you skip steps mid-way through a sequence, and “Step Jump” lets you instantly play just the step that you press, producing irregular rhythms or effects that are reminiscent of short loops. “Slide” produces an effect in which steps are connected smoothly; using this to control a synth bass is an easy way for anyone to generate an acid sound.
- Sturdy and compact body, with battery operation
- The unit can operate on two AA batteries or on USB bus power.
- Sequence step resolution is selectable as quarter notes, eighth notes, or 16th notes.
- You can specify the way in which the step knobs control the pitch. The knob values can specify the pitch directly, or they can specify the closest note in a major, minor, or chromatic scale.
Questions on SQ-1 CV Step Sequencer
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Sequencer Mode: ALTERNATE, ORDER, PARALLEL TURN, PARALLEL ORDER, CV/DUTY, CV/SLIDE, CV/DUTY RADOM, RANDOM
- Step Mode: GATE ON/OFF, ACTIVE STEP, SLIDE, STEP JUMP
- Sequence Step Resolution: quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes
- CV OUT Pitch: Linear, Minor, Major, Chromatic
- CV OUT Voltage: 1V, 2V, 5V (Oct) 8V (Hz/V)
- GATE OUT Polarity: + (positive polarity), - (negative polarity)
- SYNC IN/OUT Polarity: + (rise), - (fall)
- littleBits OUT jack (mini monaural phone jack)
- OUT (MIDI OUT) jack (mini stereo phone jack)
- CV - A OUT - GATE jack (mini monaural phone jack, CV OUT : Output Level 1V, 2V, 5V, 8[Hz/V], GATE OUT: output level 10V)
- CV - BOUT - GATE jack (mini monaural phone jack, CV OUT : Output Level 1V, 2V, 5V, 8[Hz/V], GATE OUT: Output Level 10V)
- IN – SYNC – OUT jack (mini monaural phone jack, SYNC IN: Max Input Level 20V, SYNC OUT: Output Level 5V)
- USB jack (type B, USB MIDI)
- Power Supply: Two AA batteries (alkaline batteries recommended), or USB power
- Battery Life: approximately 5 hours (when using alkaline batteries)
- Dimension: (W x D x H) 93 x 84 x 63 mm/7.60" x 3.31" × 2.48"
- Weight: 641 g/1.41 lbs.
- Included Items: Two AA batteries for checking operation, mini plug – DIN cable
- Options: Patch cable MS-CABLE-18