The new microKORG S features a built-in 2+1 speaker system with power that far exceeds its size. Its body sports an elegant white motif, and features new presets that represent the sounds of a new generation. Beneath the microKORG S’s sophisticated exterior hides a sound engine both brutal in strength and universal in application.
Inside that compact body of the microKORG, we've included a carefully constructed speaker system consisting of stereo speakers with clear imaging, plus a woofer that emanates a startling amount of low frequency. The chassis uses a new box structure, and the combination of ample box volume and a bass reflex port takes full advantage of the speakers, thereby delivering a rich sense of volume that exceeds the size of the speakers, a clear sense of positioning, and a rich low-frequency range. In addition to the battery-powered operation of the existing model, the inclusion of the built-in speakers allows an easy yet full-fledged performance experience even in an environment where there is no power supply or PA.
Since the speaker box is contained within the chassis of the instrument, the vibrations from the speaker can be felt through your fingertips. This tactile feedback allows you to experience the same subtle and dynamic response as when playing an acoustic instrument or electric piano.
The memory capacity has been increased from the original microKORG. Mainly centered on simple and present sounds that shine on stage, we've added 64 powerful preset programs that meet the needs of the changing music scene, including clearly defined and punchy leads, electric pianos that sound great in an ensemble, and powerful and solid basses. In addition, we've also newly provided 64 additional slots for user programs, so you can save your own original sounds without overwriting the presets. This encourages a sound design process that's ideal for this instrument: select a sound that you like, and edit it.
The microKORG's distinctive form has been beloved worldwide for more than ten years. The microKORG S adds speakers, yet carries on the looks and compactness of the original. In addition, the front panel features an elegant white reboot, updated with maple wood for the side panels.
- Sound Generation: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Multi Timbres 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Maximum Polyphony 4 voices
- 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- Multi Mode Filter (-24dB/oct LPF, -12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF)
- EG ×2
- LFO ×2
- Virtual Patch x4
- Maximum Polyphony 4 voices
- 1 Oscillator + Noise Generator
- EG ×1
- LFO ×2
- 8 Channels vocoder
- Level and pan of each channel can be edited
- Formant Shift function
- Programs 256 programs (192 Presets / 64 Users)
- Up to eight favorite programs can be registered
- effects: flanger / chorus, phaser, ensemble (3 types) Delay: stereo, cross, L/R (3 types) Equalizer
- Arpeggiator 6 types (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger)
- Keyboards 37-keys (mini-keyboard, velocity sensitive)
- Inputs AUDIO IN 1 CONDENSER (with MIC/LINE switch, +5V, mini phone jack)
- AUDIO IN 1 DYNAMIC (with MIC/LINE switch, 1/4” phone jack)
- AUDIO IN 2 LINE (1/4” phone jack)
- Outputs L/MONO, R (1/4” phone jacks)
- Headphones (1/4” stereo phone jack)
- MIDI IN, OUT, THRU
- Amp Output
- Speaker 3 W / 4 cm x 1, 0.5 W / 3.5 cm x 2
- Display 3 characters x1 line with 8 segment LED
Questions on MicroKorg-S Synthesizer Vocoder
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power Supply DC 9V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Battery Life Approximately 4 hours or more (when using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 524 x 232 x 70 mm / 20.63" x 9.13" x 2.76"
- Weight 2.5 kg / 5.51 lbs. (without batteries and included microphone)
- Included Items AC adapter (DC 9V), Condenser Microphone