Since its appearance in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has been loved by countless musicians as a classic analog synthesizer. Forty years later, in 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG resurrected the ARP ODYSSEY with a complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey’s original circuitry. The ARP sound, which continues to be envied as an iconic analog synthesizer, was once again back in the hands of today's musicians. Now, KORG has further broadened the reach of the ARP ODYSSEY in today's world by releasing a new model.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a keyboard-less ARP ODYSSEY with the very same analog synthesis circuitry that completely reproduces the original. To fit perfectly in today's DAW-centric music production environments, we provide it in a more compact module form. The lineup includes two models, the white Rev1 and the black and orange Rev3, reproducing traditional styling in a cutting-edge tabletop body. The real ARP sound that transcends history is once again available to the world.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a tabletop analog synth module based on KORG's revived ARP ODYSSEY. In its compact, keyboard-less body, it contains the exact same circuitry as the original, making it even easier for you to obtain that rich analog sound that only a genuine ARP ODYSSEY can produce.
By adding the ARP ODYSSEY Module to their setup, DAW users can enhance their production environment with powerful analog sound that cannot be obtained from any plugin. You can also perform in conjunction with a sequencer such as the KORG SQ-1. If you're a player with a keyboard that you prefer, you can connect the ARP ODYSSEY Module via MIDI to your favorite keyboard and play it to your heart's content. In addition, the ARP ODYSSEY Module newly supports MIDI pitch bend.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module lineup includes the best-known Rev3 design with its characteristic black panel and orange silk-screening, as well as the white-paneled Rev1 design that marks this instrument's historic beginning. The unique shape of the slider grips, their smooth operating feel, and the layout of the switches all perfectly reproduce the layout of the original despite the compact module design.
The body, on the other hand, has been redesigned for its new life in module form, featuring a sturdy steel chassis befitting the weighty sounds produced by this instrument throughout its forty-year history.
- Maximum Polyphony: 2 voices for duophonic; normally monophonic
- Transpose Positions: 2 octaves down, normal, 2 octave up
- Proportional Pitch Control b (Pitch down)
- Pad: about -2 / 3 octave - (Modulation) Pad # (Pitch-up) Pad: about +2 / 3 octave
- Noise Generator Types (white and pink)
- Portamento Maximum Speed about 0.01 msec./oct Minimum Speed about 1.5 sec./oct
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) Waveforms Sawtooth, Square, Pluse (Dynamic Pluse)
- Frequency Range VCO-1 in low freq. mode, 0.2 Hz – 20 Hz: VCO-1 and VCO-2 (audio range) about 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Warm Up Drift 1/30 semitone from turn on max
- Pulse Width 50 % – 5 %
- Pulse Width Modulation ADSR, +45 % LFO, +15 %
- VCO-1 is low note priority, VCO-2 is high note priority.
- VCF (Voltage Controlled Filter) Types Low pass (I: 12 dB/oct., II III: 24 dB/oct.)
- Frequency Range 16 Hz - 16 kHz
- Maximum Usable Q 30
- Resonance 1/2 - self oscillate
- VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) Dynamic Range 80 dB
- Ring Modulator Type Digital, Input Signal VCO-1, VCO-2 (square wave)
- Sample & Hold Command Sources Keyboard or LFO trigger, Sampled Signals VCO-1 sawtooth wave and square wave, VCO-2 square wave and pink noise
- ADSR Envelope Generator Attack Time 5 msec. - 5 sec. Decay Time 10 msec. - 8 sec. Sutatin Level 0 - 100 % or Peak Release Time 15 msec. - 10 sec.
- AR Envelope Generator Attack Time 5 msec. - 5 sec. Release Time 10 msec. - 8 sec.
- Control Input Jacks Pedal 6.3 mm monaural phone jack
- Portamento Foot Switch 6.3 mm monaural phone jack
- Audio Output Jacks 6.3 mm monaural phone jack, XLR connector, Headphones Jack
- External Audio Input Jack Connector 6.3 mm monaural phone jack Maximum Input Level -10 dBu Input Impedance 22 k ohm
- MIDI Connector IN USB Connector Type B
- CV IN/OUT Jacks Keyboard CV (IN/OUT) 1 V/oct. Connector 3.5 mm monaural phone jack
- GATE IN/OUT Jacks GATE IN +3 V (minimum)
- GATE OUT +10 V, key down; 0 V all keys up Connector 3.5 mm monaural phone jack
- TRIG IN/OUT Jacks TRIG IN +3 V pulse min., 10 μsec. Duration minimum TRIG OUT +10 V pulse on key depression, 10 μsec. Duration Connector 3.5 mm monaural phone jack
Questions on Arp Odyssey Rev 1 Desktop Synthesizer Module
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- Power Supply AC adapter jack (DC 9V)
- Power Consumption 6.5 W
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 496 x 265 x 89 mm / 19.53” x 10.43” x 3.50”
- Weight 3.7 kg / 8.16 lbs
- Design White (ARP ODYSSEY Module Rev1), Black and Orange (ARP ODYSSEY Module Rev3)
- Included Items AC adapter, phone cable, mini-phone cable